Ipad stand

Mikebmiller

Ipad stand

Post by Mikebmiller »

For those of you using an ipad or other tablet to read music, what do you use to hold it up if you are not using a regular music stand? There are a bunch of them on Amazon for $25 or $30, but while most of the reviews are favorable, there are enough negative reviews to make me a bit wary. I am actually looking to get an external mic for mine and possibly an ad on lens to turn it into a video system that would hopefully do better indoors than my $200 Canon camcorder. Thanks.
BGuttman

Re: Ipad stand

Post by BGuttman »

I use a Manhasset stand but my tablet is too heavy so I put a hose clamp on the shiny part just above where is goes into the outer part. I've also used a mute holder to do the same thing.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Nhtrombone

Post by Nhtrombone »

AirTurn Manos. Threaded to fit on a standard microphone stand.

https://www.airturn.com/products/manos- ... let-holder
Mikebmiller

Post by Mikebmiller »

That looks like the ticket. Thanks.
timothy42b

Post by timothy42b »

Mikebmiller wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:26 pm For those of you using an ipad or other tablet to read music, what do you use to hold it up if you are not using a regular music stand? There are a bunch of them on Amazon for $25 or $30,
IPads for $25? or music stands?

I'm thinking of going tablet too. I'm not sure how big I need. I have the Kindle 8 and I've tried scanning to a PDF but can't get it to scroll so I can read.
Mikebmiller

Post by Mikebmiller »

timothy42b wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:09 am

IPads for $25? or music stands?

I'm thinking of going tablet too. I'm not sure how big I need. I have the Kindle 8 and I've tried scanning to a PDF but can't get it to scroll so I can read.
Uh - stands. If Ipads were $25, I would own about 20 of them.
sacfxdx

Post by sacfxdx »

anybody ever try one of these? I'm looking for a holder for a iPad pro 12.9 inch.

https://caddiebuddy.com/ipad-holder-for-mic-stand/

Thanks and happy New Year
Steve
sungfw

Post by sungfw »

Ultimate Support Hyperpad Pro with Otterbox Agility System: Otterbox iPad case with snap-in mount for Hyperpad 5-in-1 mic mount system. No need to remove your iPad from its protective case to fit it into a mic mount, so it's fully protected (unlike with most mounts) even if someone knocks over your stand. :good:
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

This is the one I use, and have seen a lot of other people in town use. It clips onto your mic stand and it eliminates the need for an extra thing in front of you, like a music stand. Very strong and high quality. I've used the iClaw in the past and it broke rather quickly

https://www.amazon.com/Hola-Music-HM-MT ... 256&sr=8-4
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
Driswood

Post by Driswood »

I use a regular music stand. My iPad doesn't take up much real estate, so it leaves plenty of room for my glasses case, spray bottle, and other small accessories. Plus, I don't have to carry a stand.
Jerry Walker

Happily Retired :good:

1957 Conn 6H
Schilke 47B
1989 Yamaha YSL-684G
Bach 6 3/4C
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

One thing you can also do is get a magnetic phone plate like these and then on whatever you get put a strongish magnet on the front of it and secure it with epoxy. I have one of these circular ones on my K&M iPad 2 Holder for my iPad which I don't use for music anymore.

For my surface, I have two of these rectangular magnets on an Urban Armor Case. That way I didn't have to glue anything directly to the device. The stand for that is a camera tripod mount that I attached to a generic tablet mounter... I don't seem to have a record of which one it is but it's similar to the Amazon Basics one though it seems a little more robust than that. It was tricky to find one that was just right because there has to be enough clearance between the stand and the tablet with a case on it.

For the iPad holder, I was able to drill away a little material and recess the magnet enough so it lined up perfectly with the magnet. The Surface one took a little more creativity but I don't remember exactly what I had to do to get it all working right. In both cases, you could not use the magnet and it would be perfectly secure OR you could use just the magnet and it would also be perfectly secure. I just like having a backup plan for something that expensive!
sacfxdx

Post by sacfxdx »

I can not get used to putting magnets near any computer.
Steve
FullPedalTrombonist

Post by FullPedalTrombonist »

Until I invest in a dedicated iPad stand a regular music stand works perfectly. I already have a convenient music stand so having an iPad only makes my bag smaller and a little lighter than the regular band book.

It leaves room for a spray bottle and other small items on the stand.

Like that Otterbox attachment some band mates have the flexible arm that screws into a mic stand.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

sacfxdx wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:08 am I can not get used to putting magnets near any computer.
I thought that initially too but this iPad 2 I have has long survived my magnets which I've been using since... 2013 I want to say? Device is EoL and still going strong.
ssking2b

Post by ssking2b »

I am using a MANOS tablet holder with a goSTAND portable mic/tablet stand from airTurn. All available on amazon. The MANOS has a clamp so it can be mounted on a Mic stand in addition to the mic, or can be mounted directly to the screw threads where a Mic clip is mounted. I also use the airTurn foot pedal BT200S-2 to turn pages. All available on Amazon. The MANOS also has no issue with my iPad in its Tsomei protective case!
===============================================
XO Brass Artist - http://www.pjonestrombone.com
===============================================
sacfxdx

Post by sacfxdx »

goStand from AirTurn. https://caddiebuddy.com/ipad-holder-for-mic-stand/ - holder. holds each corner. comes with adapter for mic stand AND the extension arm.

I use a BlueBoard (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... -blueboard) only because I already had it. A BlueTurn (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... g-blueturn) would be better for a dedicated page turner as it is smaller.
Steve

Return to “Accessories”