Hand Rest Question.

jeterbone

Hand Rest Question.

Post by jeterbone »

I injured my wrist a while ago and also feel tension in the forearm when I play. I was wondering the best way to help combat that? Are there hand rests that could help? If so, what is a good buy compared to a not so good buy? If it matters I play on a Shires with a Trubore valve. I wonder if anything won't fit on this horn. Thank you!
pompatus

Re: Hand Rest Question.

Post by pompatus »

Ergobone.

The Ergobone will hold all the weight, leaving you the responsibility of balancing the instrument and playing. That should give your wrist time to heal, and take the stress of holding the horn off your hand/forearm for a while. Any other grip accessory still leaves your hand supporting the weight, even though they will distribute that weight in different ways.

Don’t discount the value of physical therapy, as well. More than one career has been saved through (temporary) use of an Ergobone and physical therapy.

In any case, best of luck!
greenbean

Re: Hand Rest Question.

Post by greenbean »

pompatus wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:47 pm Ergobone.

The Ergobone will hold all the weight, leaving you the responsibility of balancing the instrument and playing. That should give your wrist time to heal, and take the stress of holding the horn off your hand/forearm for a while. Any other grip accessory still leaves your hand supporting the weight, even though they will distribute that weight in different ways.

Don’t discount the value of physical therapy, as well. More than one career has been saved through (temporary) use of an Ergobone and physical therapy.

In any case, best of luck!
^ What he said!
Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns

Return to “Accessories”