Light (non-gigbag bass) trombone case

mojave2000

Light (non-gigbag bass) trombone case

Post by mojave2000 »

Hey all,
I am currently on a search for a bass trombone case that doesn't weight a lot. I currently have a stock shires case which is a decent case, its just rather heavy. I have really been looking at MB bass case, but I wasn't sure how heavy they are?

Thoughts/ suggestions?
Burgerbob

Re: Light (non-gigbag bass) trombone case

Post by Burgerbob »

The MB case is lighter than most case I can think of, but isn't exactly light. The carbon fiber version is probably pretty light.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

The Eastman cases - at least the old ones - are rather light but they are quit bulky too. They accommodate up to a 10.5" bell so theyre much less compact than the tenor equivalent which is my favorite hard case. It was my backup case for bass with my primary being a chronkhite double until I ended up getting a screw bell and I now use the Shires screwbell case which is a little heavier but super convenient.
mojave2000

Post by mojave2000 »

I appreciate the responses guys, carrying this stock shires case is killing my shoulders. I'll take a look at the MB cases and other equivalents to see what each offers. Thanks guys!
ssking2b

Post by ssking2b »

Check the MB cases at Horn Guys. Best price on the web. Case has backpack straps and all. It's considerably less heavy than any hard case, and very protective of your horn. Make sure you order the modelo F model in the correct bell size. Here is the link:
https://www.hornguys.com/collections/tr ... one-case-1
===============================================
XO Brass Artist - http://www.pjonestrombone.com
===============================================

Return to “Accessories”