Vintage Reunion Blues repairs by Superfine

slipmo

Vintage Reunion Blues repairs by Superfine

Post by slipmo »

Big ups to Tom Rice @ Superfine cases.

I have a vintage original RB SF case in British tan leather with the red interior and my zipper was trashed. Tom was able to repair the zipper and padding and keep the case as original as possible. I just love the patina on this case with its years of use. Now its ready for another 30 years of service.

Here it is with new zipper and leather welting/piping and a matching strap to replace the lost original

Very reasonable rate and quick turnaround. Tom has created an amazing resource for our community

https://superfinecases.com/

IMG_6011.jpg
IMG_6012.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tbonesullivan

Re: Vintage Reunion Blues repairs by Superfine

Post by tbonesullivan »

Nice! The zippers on all cases are always one of the weak points. Some cases also have permanently attached straps that eventually go.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
tombone21

Re: Vintage Reunion Blues repairs by Superfine

Post by tombone21 »

Sweet! My zipper has been on the fritz for years now, and the leather stores in NYC seemed a bit hesitant to work on a bag like this when I've gone in the past.

Return to “Accessories”