King 3b-f linkage

ctruc001

King 3b-f linkage

Post by ctruc001 »

I have a mid-70s 3b-f with the plastic linkage between the thumb lever and the rotor stop arm. The stop arm has broken and been repaired (soldered) and the plastic linkage is pretty worn after 40 years. Any idea on where to get these parts, or something to upgrade the trigger design? No luck with Conn-Selmer since the horn is so old. Thanks.
Schlitz

Re: King 3b-f linkage

Post by Schlitz »

Last edited by Schlitz on Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctruc001

Post by ctruc001 »

Nice. My first f-attachment was an Olds Opera, and other than the spring inside the rotor, it was pretty much the same setup as the King.

I’m in Virginia Beach, VA. I’m guessing Baltimore/DC is the closest area is where I’m going to find a tech who does custom work.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

ctruc001 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 pm Nice. My first f-attachment was an Olds Opera, and other than the spring inside the rotor, it was pretty much the same setup as the King.

I’m in Virginia Beach, VA. I’m guessing Baltimore/DC is the closest area is where I’m going to find a tech who does custom work.
Possibly, though you might have luck with your local tech. Depends if they want custom work or not, which this technically is in the sense that it would be fabbing you a part and not just soldering on an existing part.
Schlitz

Post by Schlitz »

Last edited by Schlitz on Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2bobone

Post by 2bobone »

Jeff Bonk is a great repairman in Lorton,VA, a suburb of Washington, D.C. The best part is that he is a gigging bass trombonist and so you have a player's perspective on any trombone repair. He worked on both my King Duo Gravis and my 8B. His charges were very reasonable and he did a great job on both. Check him out at [email protected] or call him at 703-915-9737.

Return to “Modification & Repair”