Bach 50AF—adding a 2nd valve

LarryPrestonRoberson

Bach 50AF—adding a 2nd valve

Post by LarryPrestonRoberson »

I have an opportunity to acquire a Bach Stradivarius brand-new 5OAF for, what I believe to be, a decent price. For those who aren’t familiar with this model, it’s a 50 with a single Infinity axial valve (by Instruments Innovations/Mike Olsen). For the price, I might be able to afford to add a second valve versus buying a 50AF3 at retail. So before I pull the trigger, please pardon the pun, I would like to see what the potential costs of said modification might be.

So, would adding a 2nd valve (preferably another Infinity/Olsen axial) to a Bach 50AF be a relatively straightforward task for a competent technician? My hope is, it would be to just to modify/cut/shorten the gooseneck and add it on and brace it up—without having to reroute the F-attachment. Would anyone care to a venture an estimate of the cost? Techs feel free to email (preferably) or PM me.

Once again, I’m looking for information and costs related to adding a 2nd valve to a Bach 50AF. Thanks!
Matt K
Verified

Re: Bach 50AF—adding a 2nd valve

Post by Matt K »

Parts +labor probably around $1000. More if you want it lacquered but I haven't had anything lacquered in awhile so I have no point of reference for that.
Schlitz

Post by Schlitz »

Last edited by Schlitz on Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jgittleson

Post by Jgittleson »

Matt K wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:35 am Parts +labor probably around $1000. More if you want it lacquered but I haven't had anything lacquered in awhile so I have no point of reference for that.
This is in the ballpark for sure. Id guess the highest 1500 including lacquer.

Return to “Modification & Repair”