School repair season

hyperbolica

School repair season

Post by hyperbolica »

When does the school instrument repair season end? I'm going to need some work to be done coming up shortly, and I'd prefer not to leave my horn at the shop indefinitely. When does "school season" end? Or are there any tech's that don't get caught up in the school rush?
BGuttman

Re: School repair season

Post by BGuttman »

School Repair Season should be ending shortly. Most schools need the instruments for Band Camp in August or for the start of rehearsals when school starts (next week here in NH, this week in many other states).
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

At least around here, there are two peak repair seasons. Summer is the big one, but there's another surge at the end of marching season (late November/early December). Not all techs do work for schools, but even the ones that don't usually see something of a surge toward the end of summer with students bringing in their personal instruments.
Bonearzt

Post by Bonearzt »

For me, there really is no "end of school repair" season, just slightly less busy....

Your tech should be able to slip you in unless you're needing major repair or mod work.

Eric
Eric Edwards
Professional Instrument Repair

"If you must choose between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried yet."
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

Bonearzt wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 pm For me, there really is no "end of school repair" season, just slightly less busy....

Your tech should be able to slip you in unless you're needing major repair or mod work.

Eric
Yeah, that's the issue. I'm going to need some mod work.
greenbean

Post by greenbean »

Bonearzt wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 pm For me, there really is no "end of school repair" season, just slightly less busy....

Eric
Ahem...
Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns

Return to “Modification & Repair”