A Trombonist's nightmare

EriKon

A Trombonist's nightmare

Post by EriKon »

Well, yesterday evening it happened...
I was practicing stuff. Held my trombone while I was getting a speaker ready to play along with a recording. After I set it up, I turned around and had a short moment of unawareness. Lost my balance when I turned around and fell over against a wall... And between my body and the wall, there was my wonderful Bach 36 which I had held... :(

Report of damage: Bell crashed on the slide which was immovable, valve got stuck and bell got a bit crushed on the top...

Brought it to Lätzsch today and really hope they will be able to fix it. They were cautiously optimistic, but they might have to replace the inner tubes. So I'll hope for the best. It's a wonderful horn and I really hope it plays the same after this trauma... We'll see.
tbonesullivan

Re: A Trombonist's nightmare

Post by tbonesullivan »

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope they are able to get it running again without having to replace too much. They are top level, so it's in good hands.

I've had some VERY close calls in the past, so I pretty much have my horn on the stand whenever I'm not playing it.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
EriKon

Post by EriKon »

tbonesullivan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:26 am Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope they are able to get it running again without having to replace too much. They are top level, so it's in good hands.

I've had some VERY close calls in the past, so I pretty much have my horn on the stand whenever I'm not playing it.
That is very reasonable, I should get used to doing the same and I definitely will.
Thanks for your uplifting words!
MStarke

Post by MStarke »

Sorry to hear and good luck with the repair!

I have had two trombones suffering from accidents with my kids in the last years and it hurt both my soul and my wallet...

BTW: EriKon - it's quite possible that we might meet some day and we certainly have some friends/people we know in common.
Markus Starke
https://www.mst-studio-mouthpieces.com/

Alto: Conn 35h, Kanstul, Weril
Tenor: 2x Conn 6h, Blessing medium, Elkhart 88H, 88HT, Greenhoe 88HT, Heckel, Piering replica
Bass: Conn 112h/62h, Greenhoe TIS, Conn 60h/"62h"
EriKon

Post by EriKon »

MStarke wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:48 pm Sorry to hear and good luck with the repair!

I have had two trombones suffering from accidents with my kids in the last years and it hurt both my soul and my wallet...

BTW: EriKon - it's quite possible that we might meet some day and we certainly have some friends/people we know in common.
Pretty sure we do ;-) Hamburg does have a bunch of trombonists, but it's not that much that you never meet each other.

Thanks for your words! Yeah, this one will hurt my wallet as well, but as long as the horn still works fine afterwards, I'll be happy to pay that.

Return to “Modification & Repair”