Ultrasonic Cleaner

Walleye

Ultrasonic Cleaner

Post by Walleye »

Does anyone have a recommendation regarding an ultrasonic cleaner that is large enough to clean disassembled F attachment tubing and rotors? Thanks
timothy42b

Re: Ultrasonic Cleaner

Post by timothy42b »

I tried one of the small jewelry cleaners on a mouthpiece, which just fit.

But the little ones don't have enough power to do anything. Of course they also won't do any damage!
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

I have one that's probably big enough for all of that. I rarely use it, I have a smaller one I use regularly. You're welcome to borrow it.
You're fairly close, right?
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Walleye

Post by Walleye »

Thanks Doug--fairly close.. Leonardtown MD-about 1 hour 50 mins away. Do you know what brand the smaller one is? Greg
hornbuilder

Post by hornbuilder »

Please be careful. And please do some research before jumping in. Ultrasonic cleaners are not the panacea that everyone thinks they are. Just like every other tool there are ways and means to using them correctly and safely (for you and the horn) US Machines can be VERY effective for cleaning things, but there are specific rules that you must follow to get good results. If you don't follow those rules, you will end up disappointed and potentially with a damaged trombone.

Much better to have a professional instrument repair tech take care of your instrument, as they have the knowledge and skills to care for your instrument.
Matthew Walker
Owner/Craftsman, M&W Custom Trombones, LLC, Jackson, Wisconsin.
Former Bass Trombonist, Opera Australia, 1991-2006

Return to “Modification & Repair”