.525 slides for a King 3BF

DougHulme

.525 slides for a King 3BF

Post by DougHulme »

I think this topic has been covered elsewhere but just a quick question. Do any of the king/benge .525 slides fit straight onto a standard 3BF bell section?... Doug
Burgerbob

Re: .525 slides for a King 3BF

Post by Burgerbob »

No. They all have the big connector for 3B+, 607, benge .525, etc.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

Thanks - thats what I suspected. I suppose I could advise the person that asked the question of me to take such a slide to a technician and get a smaller connector soldered in? - though thats a lot of hassle.
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

DougHulme wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:46 am Thanks - thats what I suspected. I suppose I could advise the person that asked the question of me to take such a slide to a technician and get a smaller connector soldered in? - though thats a lot of hassle.
I don't think it would work, as the larger connector facilitates the larger bore size. If anything, you'd have to get the big one on your bell section.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

Never ask a bass trombone player about these tenors!... Thanks Aiden - Doug
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

I remember someone doing the opposite... putting a 3B slide on their Shires medium bore by soldering a large bore tenon to it. Apparently, they liked the results. Another option as Aiden pointed out to me awhile ago is instead of doing that work... just acquiring a 607F bell section and swapping out my tenons. Possibly selling the 3BF bell section then since that would effectively give me the same thing without taking a torch to everything.
jorymil

Post by jorymil »

The nut is the same between the 3b/607/3b+. If you're not concerned with a perfect match between tenon and receiver, a 3b slide fits okay with a 607/3b+ bell section.

Return to “Modification & Repair”