King 2b ss slide

Thootje

King 2b ss slide

Post by Thootje »

Hi all,

I recently bought a '60's king 2b silver sonic with a bad slide (the bell is in near perfect condition, slide needs replacement on the outer tubes). I found the slide of a normal 2b online for cheap ($250), and was wondering if I could use it? All the ss slides seem to be silver or nickel plated (the look silver, not brass-coulored), so would there be any difference?

Also is it safe to have it shipped to Europe (seller is in the us), without having played it?

Thanks in advanced,

Thootje
BGuttman

Re: King 2b ss slide

Post by BGuttman »

All 2B slides (regular or SilverSonic) are the same. Buy the normal slide.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Thootje wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:15 pm Hi all,
I found the slide of a normal 2b online for cheap ($250), and was wondering if I could use it? All the ss slides seem to be silver or nickel plated (the look silver, not brass-coulored), so would there be any difference?
Thootje
All of those small King slides are nickel tubes, yellow crook. Some of them (like my '80s horn) have been lacquered in that heavy, gold lacquer that makes them look like brass. Have no fear, any 2B slide will work with your Silversonic.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
Thootje

Post by Thootje »

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately the slide I was looking at turned out to not be a 2b slide, but I will be looking for another.

PS: sorry for the late reply :(

Return to “Modification & Repair”