Bach Bell Edwards Trombone & Silmilar Trombone Bell

kavin

Bach Bell Edwards Trombone & Silmilar Trombone Bell

Post by kavin »

I want to put a Bach trombone bell on my Edwards T-350e, does it sound good?

I heard that Mouthpiecexpress is selling trombone bells, is it delivered safely?

And if you don't recommend installing bachtrombone bells, which number in the edwards trombone bell model is similar to the tone of the bachtrombone bell?
Last edited by kavin on Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Neo Bri

Re: 바흐 벨 에 에드워즈 트롬본 & 실밀라 트롬본 벨

Post by Neo Bri »

Are you a real person or a scammer? Tell me more about your trombone collection and experience.
kavin

Re: 바흐 벨 E 에드워즈 트롬본 & 실밀라 트롬본 벨

Post by kavin »

im real person. i'm amateur to play trombone. i play the trombone 2 years. i feel edwards good at low and middle register. and bach trombone is good at high register. so i usually play edwards but when i playing the song which has many high register, i want to change the bach bell.
so i question.
BGuttman

Re: Bach Bell Edwards Trombone & Silmilar Trombone Bell

Post by BGuttman »

The Korean subject probably threw some of us off. Note that I translated it to English using Google Translate. We are an international Forum, but our official language is English.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

kavin wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:18 am im real person. i'm amateur to play trombone. i play the trombone 2 years. i feel edwards good at low and middle register. and bach trombone is good at high register. so i usually play edwards but when i playing the song which has many high register, i want to change the bach bell.
so i question.
Hey, Kavin!

You could buy a Bach 42 or 47 bell to mount on your Edwards. However, this is pretty expensive and would take some more parts that would not come with the bell, as well as work by a trombone technician.

There are many Edwards T-350 bells out there that will fit with no work- you may be able to find one used.

Also, your current bell may play well in the high register. You've been playing for two years, which is a short time to have a good high register. Practice is always cheapest!

I hope this helps!
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
kavin

Re: 바흐 벨 에드워즈 트롬본 & 실밀라 트롬본 벨

Post by kavin »

BGuttman wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:32 am The Korean subject probably threw some of us off. Note that I translated it to English using Google Translate. We are an international Forum, but our official language is English.
I translated from korean to english.. is it represent by korean?
i'm so sorry about that.
I use browser 'Microsoft Edge'. it translate immediately. so i didn't know it presented by korean..
when i rewrite again, i will off function translate!
kavin

Post by kavin »

Burgerbob wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:45 pm
kavin wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:18 am im real person. i'm amateur to play trombone. i play the trombone 2 years. i feel edwards good at low and middle register. and bach trombone is good at high register. so i usually play edwards but when i playing the song which has many high register, i want to change the bach bell.
so i question.
Hey, Kavin!

You could buy a Bach 42 or 47 bell to mount on your Edwards. However, this is pretty expensive and would take some more parts that would not come with the bell, as well as work by a trombone technician.

There are many Edwards T-350 bells out there that will fit with no work- you may be able to find one used.

Also, your current bell may play well in the high register. You've been playing for two years, which is a short time to have a good high register. Practice is always cheapest!

I hope this helps!

Thank you for your kindness answer. Because of my ability, I keep blaming my mouthpiece and my instrument.
According to your advice, try to focus on improving skills rather than changing your bell.
Thank you once again.
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

kavin wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:39 pm

Hey, Kavin!

I hope this helps!

Thank you for your kindness answer. Because of my ability, I keep blaming my mouthpiece and my instrument.
According to your advice, try to focus on improving skills rather than changing your bell.
Thank you once again.
You're welcome! Best of luck!
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

Hey, Kavin!

I hope this helps!

Thank you once again.
We get scams a lot here, so we're protective. You are very welcome here. Most of the post is not in Korean. Only the title is. Feel free to ask questions and learn, and offer advice to others.

And I agree with BurgerBob. Work on your playing - don't worry too much about your trombone. It's probably okay.

<Edit: Changed Subject to English from Korean - B Guttman>
kavin

Post by kavin »

Neo Bri wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:53 pm

Thank you once again.
We get scams a lot here, so we're protective. You are very welcome here. Most of the post is not in Korean. Only the title is. Feel free to ask questions and learn, and offer advice to others.

And I agree with BurgerBob. Work on your playing - don't worry too much about your trombone. It's probably okay.
ah... I'm sorry I have to check how it's printed and upload it. Based on your and BurgerBob's advice, I will try to high register not blaming my edwards t-350e. Thank you.
kavin

Post by kavin »

Burgerbob wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:50 pm

Thank you once again.
You're welcome! Best of luck!
Thanks a lot!!

<Edit: Changed Subject to English - B Guttman>
elmsandr

Post by elmsandr »

First, I agree that the range is probably not due to the bell shape and construction.

Second, on a bass, I mounted a Bach 50 bell to an Edwards. It really is a different animal to get a one-piece flare rather than a two piece. Is it that much different? No. Going there is really going into mostly useless detail, but I liked it specifically for how I was using that instrument in upper level university and semi-professional orchestral use. Despite my best efforts prior to that, an Edwards just isn't going to be a Bach. Even still it wasn't.... but it could fool folks on a lot of days.

Cheers,
Andy
kavin

Post by kavin »

elmsandr wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:48 am First, I agree that the range is probably not due to the bell shape and construction.

Second, on a bass, I mounted a Bach 50 bell to an Edwards. It really is a different animal to get a one-piece flare rather than a two piece. Is it that much different? No. Going there is really going into mostly useless detail, but I liked it specifically for how I was using that instrument in upper level university and semi-professional orchestral use. Despite my best efforts prior to that, an Edwards just isn't going to be a Bach. Even still it wasn't.... but it could fool folks on a lot of days.

Cheers,
Andy
Thanks , Andy.
Your advice is very helful.
Because I am not good at english. What i wrote 'Bach is good at hogh register.' was actually trying to express that "Bach's high register is more beautiful than edwards high register tone." .
But my english ability is not good, so i mistake to express about that. sorry.
And it is impressive that bach 50 bell on edwards.
I will make changable 42 bach bell someday. for beautiful tone.
Thanks.😁😁

Return to “Modification & Repair”