Thumb rest modification for a more ergonomic feel

dan97

Thumb rest modification for a more ergonomic feel

Post by dan97 »

Hi guys, new member here. I´m currently doing my Master of Music degree at a music college.
So, in December 2019 I started crafting my own thumb rests as I was getting issues with tension in my hand, especially on the bass trombone. They are thicker and the thumb lies in a custom shaped thumb "bed" which positions the thumb in a natural position. So basically, I don´t have to force my thumb into a position that potentially creates tension. What began as a simple idea soon became a new hobby for me. :idea: Especially when the Corona situation hit, I experimented with different shapes and sizes not only to help me get rid of the tension in my hand, but also make my trombone(s) a little fancier :biggrin: I haven´t felt any tension in my hand since then.
Here is a selection of what I´ve been working on so far !
The darker one is a custom model I crafted for a friend who has difficulties to keep the thumb in one place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BGuttman

Re: Thumb rest modification for a more ergonomic feel

Post by BGuttman »

Please remember that if you want to sell these things you need to post in the Classifieds.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
ArbanRubank

Post by ArbanRubank »

dan97

Post by dan97 »

BGuttman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:01 am Please remember that if you want to sell these things you need to post in the Classifieds.
I´m not selling these, that´s not what I intended with this post. Just wanted to point out how I solved my issue by this simple modification :-)

Return to “Modification & Repair”