Where to source leadpipes in EU

marccromme

Where to source leadpipes in EU

Post by marccromme »

For a project horn experiment I'd like to try a couple of .525 leadpipes, preferably in northern EU. Is there a shop where I can find Conn, Yamaha, Getzen etc leadpipes in stock? Best, Marc
marccromme

Re: Where to source leadpipes in EU

Post by marccromme »

I could order stock solder in leadpipes from Yamaha through a local shop, costs about 20 euro. Nice. Conn's can be ordered from Thomann for about 40 Euro plus shipment. Great. Just you know ...
tbonesullivan

Post by tbonesullivan »

I don't think you're going to find anywhere that has a large stock of leadpipes in the EU. Not unless they sell Rath, Edwards/Getzen, and/or Shires, companies that market and sell leadpipes as separate items.

Most companies have gone back to focusing on getting the best leadpipe to match the horn.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

tbonesullivan wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:00 pm I don't think you're going to find anywhere that has a large stock of leadpipes in the EU. Not unless they sell Rath, Edwards/Getzen, and/or Shires, companies that market and sell leadpipes as separate items.

Most companies have gone back to focusing on getting the best leadpipe to match the horn.
For that matter, there aren't many places in the US that stock many leadpipes. Here in SLC, the local shop is a Shires distributor and they don't carry any medium bore pipes. They typically have a 547 1,2, and 3 if they have a new Shires horn on display but that's usually it. And, other than having pipes from stock horns to try out other than what may have been included with a new horn (E.g. if they have like a YSL882OG they have one of those pipes by virtue of having the full horn), the only place I've encountered that kind of selection was Dillon Music. They often have some pretty cool stuff sitting in their leadpipe drawer.
marccromme wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:40 am I could order stock solder in leadpipes from Yamaha through a local shop, costs about 20 euro. Nice. Conn's can be ordered from Thomann for about 40 Euro plus shipment. Great. Just you know ...
I've had good experiences with both Yamaha and Conn pipes personally, but I'm in the US. You should also be able to order King parts if you have an... Allied(?) shop. I think they go for around ~$35. I ordered a King 2b+ pipe maybe 6 months ago and it came pretty quickly and was in that ballpark. Getzen/Edwards memory serving are also Allied and I've ordered from them for a decent price pretty quickly. Much more limited options for medium pipes though. Maybe from the Getzen... 700 series? Those do ship from the states though (Conn do as well). Yamaha has a European distributor so they're probably waaaay easier to get. If you wanted to try some, you might even have better luck ordering from a shop and having them mail them to you.

Return to “Modification & Repair”