TR180 handslide receiver

elmsandr

TR180 handslide receiver

Post by elmsandr »

So, anybody have one handy? I’ve found myself with a TR 180 missing a handslide and handslide receiver.

What is the length on the handslide receiver? Could it be replaced by a Bach part? I assume the brace socket is brazed on them and not soldered like the Bach parts, correct? I’m not much of a Holton guy, but rescuing broken horns is a problem for me.

(Would also be interested in any stock D slides out there.)

Cheers,
Andy
ssking2b

Re: TR180 handslide receiver

Post by ssking2b »

The parts from a TR 181 should be pretty much the same. The 2 horns used the same led pipe and slide for sure. Since Conn-Selmer-King-Stormdoor Company sti8ll makes the TR181, you should be able to get parts.
===============================================
XO Brass Artist - http://www.pjonestrombone.com
elmsandr

Post by elmsandr »

ssking2b wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:18 am The parts from a TR 181 should be pretty much the same. The 2 horns used the same led pipe and slide for sure. Since Conn-Selmer-King-Stormdoor Company sti8ll makes the TR181, you should be able to get parts.
Yah, but I have a drawer full of Bach parts. Got at least a pair of 50B hand slide receivers and 9 slides that fit that taper in the house. Just wondering how close that would be to design intent of the Holton.

Cheers,
Andy
ssking2b

Post by ssking2b »

Don't have a clue - but if you can make it work - go for it!

Check out my new YouTube video on trombone embouchure:

XO Brass Artist - http://www.pjonestrombone.com
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon »

Depends on what erra...

The handslide tenon taper is the same as Bach on most Holtons. The threads are different though.

I don't have a Holton on hand but if I'm not mistaken the length of the slide receiver is shorter than Bach... But again that depends on the era and what model...
Rath R1 2000s, Elliott XT
Bach 42 1974, Elliott XT
Holton 169 1965, Elliott LB
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott LB
WGWTR180

Post by WGWTR180 »

mrdeacon wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:05 pm Depends on what erra...

The handslide tenon taper is the same as Bach on most Holtons. The threads are different though.

I don't have a Holton on hand but if I'm not mistaken the length of the slide receiver is shorter than Bach... But again that depends on the era and what model...
Yes but if you read his original post he doesn't have a hand slide either. So if the Bach part fits he can use a slide that fits the Bach slide receiver.

Return to “Modification & Repair”