3b slide

rmb796

3b slide

Post by rmb796 »

Hi Everyone,
I am thinking of buying a brand new slide for my late 60's 3b. I also want to modify it with a wider crook.
I have a wider crook on my current slide that measures 3.25" between the outer slide sleeves.
Can anyone recommend someone that will do a nice job adding the wider crook to a new slide?

Thanks
Randy
pedrombon

Re: 3b slide

Post by pedrombon »

Eric Edwards (bonearzt) is the man đź‘Ť.
Sonas Artist
Granada Brass
Orquesta Ciudad de AlmerĂ­a
tbonesullivan

Post by tbonesullivan »

Any reason why you're looking for a new slide, and not just repairing the old one?
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
rmb796

Post by rmb796 »

I had a wider crook put on the old one and they (I won't name the place) did not do a good job. They are a pretty big name and were suppose to be good. The old slide could probably be repaired but in my old age I thought it would be worth getting a nice smooth new one. A treat I guess.
Are the new ones nice and smooth?

Thanks for your comments.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

rmb796 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:15 am I had a wider crook put on the old one and they (I won't name the place) did not do a good job. They are a pretty big name and were suppose to be good. The old slide could probably be repaired but in my old age I thought it would be worth getting a nice smooth new one. A treat I guess.
Are the new ones nice and smooth?

Thanks for your comments.
You could replace the inners & outers. Would be a lot cheaper and comparable or better quality depending on who did the work. But a tech can also order a completed assembly... you might be able to find it retail too but I'd check with a tech to have them handle the stuff on the backend.

Return to “Modification & Repair”