Edwards Axial Bumper Size?

Specialk3700

Edwards Axial Bumper Size?

Post by Specialk3700 »

Is 1/4 inch the correct diameter for the rubber bumpers on an Edwards bass with independent axials? I was planning on buying this. I'm not sure if this is the best bet or not. Maybe I should just buy stop arm bumpers directly from Edwards? What does the hivemind think?

While I'm at it what valve oil have you found works best with axials. I'm using blue juice and hetman light linkage right now and it works pretty well. Although the valves eat oil like crazy. Curious if anyone has had better result with better valve action, or increasing intervals between oiling, or both with something else.
Engineering student with a trombone problem.
Edwards B454
Shires Bravo
Yamaha 354
CalgaryTbone

Re: Edwards Axial Bumper Size?

Post by CalgaryTbone »

Edwards will sell you some bumpers for a very reasonable price. A quick call to the 800 number and they'll be in the mail the next day. I usually get 2 or 3 sets at a time to save postage and have a new set "on deck" so I don't have to wait for the post office to do their thing. My repair guy usually puts a small light down the f attachment tubing and uses a razor blade to do a final trim to the bumpers and with the light, he can see to make sure that the alignment is correct for the valve/ports.

I use Hetmans 11.5 on my axial valve, but have just picked up some Ultra Pure that
I plan to try.

Jim Scott
ZacharyThornton

Re: Edwards Axial Bumper Size?

Post by ZacharyThornton »

Know that you will need to trim them down. I use Hetman rotor oil on thayers. At the factory, they used standard valve oil. Worked great.

Return to “Maintenance”