Poor man's valve alignment....

harrisonreed

Poor man's valve alignment....

Post by harrisonreed »

Why spend lots of time of trial and error with new bumpers, cutting them little by little until your rotor is perfectly aligned, only to finally cut a bit too much and have to start over, or, a week after you get it perfectly set, having to realize that the material compressed, and it's out of alignment yet again.

I had two compressed bumpers. They are basically the right size. Build em up with teflon tape. Aligned and quiet!
DSC_0314.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neo Bri

Re: Poor man's valve alignment....

Post by Neo Bri »

Good idea!
harrisonreed

Re: Poor man's valve alignment....

Post by harrisonreed »

I was starting to have issues with octaves lining up and being in tune. The only thing I could think of was that I was spending too much time on my other trombone, blasting away, and it was messing my chops up.

I tried this fix as a last resort to a lot of tiring sessions with drones, etc that didn't do much except make me tired and annoyed with having to pull out the handslide in the upper register. Just got done with a long practice session. Aligned valves solve many issues that practice won't solve....more than just octaves lining up.

I knew this, but...I had never bothered yet with my relatively new Rotax setup. I guess Thayers and CL2000 valves aren't as fussy.

Well'p!!! we should all do this sort of thing for ourselves more often!

Return to “Maintenance”