Brassark Orchestral Bass Mouthpieces

jchiang9

Brassark Orchestral Bass Mouthpieces

Post by jchiang9 »

Just wanted to see if anybody has tried out/has thoughts on the Brassark Orchestral bass mouthpiece.
MahlerMusic

Re: Brassark Orchestral Bass Mouthpieces

Post by MahlerMusic »

Mouthpieces are a funny thing, since they are one of the only things that come in contact with your body the difference from person to person is really different. It does not really matter what anybody else really has to say about it. I would first ask what mouthpiece you are using now and how is it different from the Brassark.

Some people just use a MP that works and others are after something pretty. For my Tenor I use a Conn 5G that I hate the look of but works for me. I wish I could find something prettier... maybe I will try a Brassark 5G.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Problem is, even if you bought another Conn 5G, it's possible it won't work as well as the one you have. At some level, differences in manufacture of a particular design can be different.

No mouthpiece will substitute for practice and training. That is a given. But each of us has a different physiognomy and different ideal mouthpiece.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

Bruce is right, of course, but I, for one, like reading discussions about mpcs, hearing people’s opinions and experiences, and the like. I’ve spent a whack of dough on mpcs over the years and I’ll probably spend more in the future, although, that being said, I am finally relatively satisfied with my current choices (Schilke, DE 101/102 Delrim) on tenor.
paulyg

Post by paulyg »

I have one with the mercury blank. My teacher uses one full-time. It's got about a 1 1/4 sized rim, much wider than stock bach. Smaller throat than is common. Definitely a big small mouthpiece, as opposed to a small big mouthpiece. Plays great. A little more distance to the articulations, not as direct as your classic bach piece.
Paul Gilles
Aerospace Engineer & Trombone Player

Return to “Mouthpieces”