Small shank Remington

Tbarh

Small shank Remington

Post by Tbarh »

Is it mythology, or does they excist? Does they have another model number?

Trond
BGuttman

Re: Small shank Remington

Post by BGuttman »

I have one (no, not for sale). It was standard issue with the Connstellation horns a few years back.

Not made any more. Closest thing is a Bach 5G.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Tbarh

Post by Tbarh »

Cool.. How do they compare to the large bore? (except for the shank/backbore, duh)
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Pretty close.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
2bobone

Post by 2bobone »

I have a small shank Remington mouthpiece that I bought when I was a student at The Eastman School of Music back in 1956-60 [When Emory Remington was in his prime] that was a reproduction made by a local technician --- in --- get this --- Plexiglass !! I don't remember who did the reproduction, but I still have it and it is in nearly perfect condition. I also have another early small shank Remington that looks nothing like the mouthpiece that has become the iconic one. It has an almost round rim with no intimation of a flat surface to it. It was supposedly one of the earliest attempts on the way to the best-known example we all know. I'm almost positive that I used a small shank Remington in my euphonium [a Conn Double-Bell] as well. It also saw service in a later Besson Compensating Euphonium but was mated with an adaptor to fit the slightly larger bore of the Besson. So --- Did they exist ? ---- You Betchum !

Return to “Mouthpieces”