AR Resonance Mouthpieces

Rusty

AR Resonance Mouthpieces

Post by Rusty » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:03 am

Anyone here playing these mouthpieces? I think I saw they had a stall at the convention recently so there might be some more opinions out there about them.

There was also a fairly comprehensive thread on TTF, most of which made it into the archives.
mrdeacon

Re: AR Resonance Mouthpieces

Post by mrdeacon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Alex Iles and some of the other studio cats and LA are big fans of them. I've only heard good things about them!
Conn 8H 2010s, Elliott XT
Rath R1 2010s, Elliott XT
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott MB
lmalewic

Post by lmalewic » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:53 am

Luke Malewicz here from Chicago. I’m one of the maybe two AR dealers (and artists) around the US. I’ve been meaning to post something about AR mouthpieces here but have not had any time. We had a large thread on the old Forum.

There are a lot of people using the pieces. We started out in Chicago and there are probably 20 cats here using the small bore jazz pieces. It’s hard to be on a big band gig and not see at least 2 or 3 heh.

As far as outside of the Midwest Alan Kaplan and Alex Iles are using them out east among others. There’s a few in NYC, one with Frank Cohen with the Arturo O’farrill Orchestra and Ray Mason who does most of the high end pop and tv work. A couple of the guys in the Airmen of Note have one (Jeff Martin and Kevin Cerovich) as wel as Victor Barranco from the Army Blues.

Antonio makes a full set for small bore (4 down to a 12 size) and a full set for large tenor and bass trombone. If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email at chicagojazztrombone at gmail dot com. All the best.
cozzagiorgi

Post by cozzagiorgi » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:25 am

Anybody using them for large bore and bass trombone?
lmalewic

Post by lmalewic » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Alan Kaplan has his own Bass Trombone and Large Tenor models and Alex Iles is using a Large Tenor piece.

Return to “Mouthpieces”