Christmas surprise

Bach5G

Christmas surprise

Post by Bach5G »

I posted previously about pulling a Bach 11C off my shelf of abandoned mouthpieces to use in my alto, with favourable results.

A few days ago, I tried the 11C on my small tenor (Bach 16). It’s been a long time - years - since I played anything that small. For the most part I had been using a small shank Schilke 51 or a DE 101 or 102 on a G shank.

I was surprised to find the 11C worked really well. There’ll be a period of adjustment but much less than expected.

It was one of those “everything one thought they knew about mpcs was wrong” moments.
Doug Elliott

Re: Christmas surprise

Post by Doug Elliott »

Years ago I tried to switch to an 11C size mouthpiece. I gave it a whole year without using anything else. Never really enjoyed it... then I went back to my N104 which felt like home and still does.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

If you like the Bach 11C, you might like the Marcinkiewicz ET4 "Ulyate" even more.
I think of it as a "new & improved" 11C.
(Even though it's no longer "new.")
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

I have been using the 11C on my DeBruycker/Bach 16 for a couple of weeks now and today I took it to the first big band rehearsal of the new year. Worked great, and some higher notes - Bbs and Abs - really spoke well.

A further surprise is that playing using my Schilke 51 and 1 and 1/2G mpcs on my larger horns seems to have benefited as well.

Return to “Mouthpieces”