Pickett Dan Levine mouthpieces?

Bleek

Pickett Dan Levine mouthpieces?

Post by Bleek »

Hi all. Has anybody had any experiences with any of the Dan Levine Pickett mouthpieces? He sounds fantastic in the small things I've heard and they seem to fit a bunch of situations I find myself in eg. a larger small bore option and a smaller pop section option, doubling bass mouthpiece etc.

Pickett don't like to give out much spec info on their site!

https://www.pickettblackburn.com/signat ... -1326.html
www.bengurton.com

Shires Marshall Gilkes
Shires TW25LW/TW47 Trubore 7YLW
Shires Q36YR
XO 1632
Aznguyy

Re: Pickett Dan Levine mouthpieces?

Post by Aznguyy »

I'm also curious to hear if anyone has tried or experiences with the Dan Levine 6.7M.
PickettRyon

Post by PickettRyon »

Hey y'all! Ryon from Pickett here. Apologies for the lack of specs on some of our signature line, feel free to reach out any time via email at [email protected] and we'd be happy to help!

Dan's signature line models are pretty variable.

The "Live 1" is close to a Bach 11 rim diameter with a shallow cup, tight throat, and lighter blank. Pretty bright and zippy overall.

The "Studio" is closer to a 7 rim diameter and a bit more open all around (compared to the Live 1) while still leaning towards the more efficient side.

The "6.7M" is slightly larger than the Studio model across the board with a 6 3/4 rim diameter, slightly deeper cup, and more open internal taper - designed specifically for .525 med-bore horns.

The "6.7S" has the same rim and cup as the M model, but with a tighter throat and backbore optimized for .500 bore horns.

The "DBLR" is ever-so-slightly smaller than our 2 rim, but overall closer to a 2 than a 3. It is definitely a "doubler's" piece toeing the line between large bore tenor and bass bone.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any more questions or would like some more precise specs. Thanks!!
Bleek

Post by Bleek »

Great info. Thanks Ryon :)
www.bengurton.com

Shires Marshall Gilkes
Shires TW25LW/TW47 Trubore 7YLW
Shires Q36YR
XO 1632

Return to “Mouthpieces”