Tell me about Curry mpcs

Bach5G

Tell me about Curry mpcs

Post by Bach5G »

Esp bass trombone mpcs around the 27.00 mm size.

They seem to be generally well regarded but I don’t know anyone who uses them.
Reedman1

Re: Tell me about Curry mpcs

Post by Reedman1 »

I have used them, and like them. I found the rim shape very comfortable, and the weight seemed to help stabilize the horn. They’re well made.
armjstp

Post by armjstp »

I really like their pieces. A bit heavy but it helps with projection and much better design than Bach Megatone. Anyway, after a few trial I still prefer lighter weight pieces like standard Bach or Yamaha.
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

I've been using a Curry 2D (27.4mm ID rim) for the past 3 months and can't find anything that works better for me (for now). It responds very nicely, makes a nice dense and colorful sound, and has a small enough throat that I still find it fairly efficient (not an air hog). I agree with Reedman1 that the weight distribution on them seems to stabilize the sound in ways that lighter pieces haven't for me before. It weighs a fair amount, but because of how the mass is distributed, it doesn't feel heavy to me (if that makes sense).
Before that I had a Curry 1.5G (28mm rim) that I used for the past summer, which I also really liked. A really nice color out of that with all the benefits mentioned with the 2D. I switched to the 2D because it fits my face better. Mark knows what he's doing!

Return to “Mouthpieces”