MouthpieceExpress.com

MKtuba

MouthpieceExpress.com

Post by MKtuba »

Does anyone have any experience with mouthpieceexpress.com? They seem to be way cheaper than hickeys, and offer a larger inventory of new pieces than any other retailer that I have encountered.. I have been on a goose chase for a Bach 1 1/4gm for a few years (since I stupidly sold mine) and a gold one from hickeys was like $200+ which I wasn't willing to pay. I am thinking about ordering from them soon but just want to know everyones thoughts. Thanks!
Bach5G

Re: MouthpieceExpress.com

Post by Bach5G »

I’ve got a Bach 1 and 1/4 GM I’d be happy to sell.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

I bought a mouthpiece from them a few years ago. Got exactly what I ordered and shipped promptly. But that's a few years ago.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
OneTon

Post by OneTon »

I’ve made multiple successful purchases from the over many years and never had a problem.
Richard Smith
Wichita, Kansas
dcslideman

Post by dcslideman »

I had one recent order with no problems.
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

Theyve been good to me over the years, just forgot me once but not recently. I can recomend them... Doug
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

They are local for me. I use them for brass repair. They are opening up a Drum Shop. The owner is a pro tuba player. Because this area is not a brass music mecca, most of his business is internet. He sometimes stocks used or demo mouthpieces.
Model34

Post by Model34 »

One really annoying thing is that they don’t show up on your Credit Card as Mouthpiece Express. It says Star Link. With CC fraud running rampant, what I don’t need is weird unconnectable names appearing in the list. And this will result in a delay in their payment.
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

They're one of the only online retailers for Curry trombone pieces, and I've had good experiences ordering 2 from them. They ship fast and also responded quickly to email. This was recently, so I'd recommend them.
Last edited by bassboy on Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

Model34 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:23 am One really annoying thing is that they don’t show up on your Credit Card as Mouthpiece Express. It says Star Link. With CC fraud running rampant, what I don’t need is weird unconnectable names appearing in the list. And this will result in a delay in their payment.
The mother company is Star City Music. They have several business units.
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

They are fine. They sometimes do their own gold plate, I believe, so I ordered a mouthpiece that the original manufacturer offers in gold, but it was clear that mouthpiece express took a SP one (you can tell from the lettering) and plated it themselves.
Model34

Post by Model34 »

Model34 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:23 am One really annoying thing is that they don’t show up on your Credit Card as Mouthpiece Express. It says Star Link. With CC fraud running rampant, what I don’t need is weird unconnectable names appearing in the list. And this will result in a delay in their payment.
Further problems: I called ME to ask them to put Mouthpiece Express in their billing info not Star City, and they said they couldn’t it was PayPal that was doing it. I suggested they change banks and they hung-up on me.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Model34 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:07 pm
Further problems: I called ME to ask them to put Mouthpiece Express in their billing info not Star City, and they said they couldn’t it was PayPal that was doing it. I suggested they change banks and they hung-up on me.
This is really not a "problem" for me. Business names are often different from billing names (especially on eBay!). I just keep track of my purchases. Pretty much a non-issue. Not worth getting upset.

By the way, my only experience with Mouthpiece Express was positive.
walldaja

Post by walldaja »

Great service for parts and mouthpieces. They have a great trial option too.
Dave

2020ish? Shires Q30GR with 2CL
1982 King 607F with 13CL
Yamaha 421G Bass with Christian Lindberg 2CL / Bach 1 1/2G
Bach Soloist with 13CL
1967 Olds Ambassador with 10CL
1957 Besson 10-10
Jean Baptiste EUPCOMS with Stork 4
armjstp

Post by armjstp »

I visited their storefront a few times in Roanoke, VA for accessories and to fix my slides. Great price and service.
Cotboneman

Post by Cotboneman »

I've ordered from them several times. I've never had an issue with them, and they are very competitively priced for the most part on stock pieces.
JeffBone44

Post by JeffBone44 »

I ordered from them a few times, years ago. Always received mouthpieces promptly if they were in stock. No problems.
Mr412

Post by Mr412 »

Just like any other firm, they sometimes have out-of-stock items. Their Bach 2G, with a gold-plated rim & cup seems to be out of stock right at the moment. Usually, they can get the out of stock item in and deliver it in about two weeks or so. I've never had an issue and feel they are very dependable in both time of delivery and quality. That said, I comparison shop between them and Hickeys and take what I consider to be the best deal.
KWL

Post by KWL »

I’ve only positive experiences with Star City Music, the parent company of MouthpieceExpress.com. I was able to walk in and pick up a Remington shank 1-1/2G and they did a great job of cleaning up and replating my 50 year old standard 1-1/2G. Friendly folks, too.
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

Ha ha! I’m laughing at myself because it took me far too long to figure this out!

The parent company name - Star City Music- refers to the giant star light on top of Mill Mountain that looks over the Roanoke area. I lived in Roanoke as a kid (ages 1-9), so I had to refer to memories from 50+ years ago!

Anyway, I have had great experiences with Mouthpiece Express. Great communication and prompt shipping. Their customized finger buttons for piston valve instruments are rather cool.
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
deanmccarty

Post by deanmccarty »

I’ve had a great experience with them. Their gold plating is excellent, and considerably less expensive than through the manufacturer. Highly recommended.
Dean McCarty
“Have a good time... all the time.” - Viv Savage, Spinal Tap :cool:

Rath R9D-Ferguson-L
Jürgen Voigt 189-FX, Elliott 100G8
Rath R10-Elliott 95B
Jürgen Voigt J-711 Alto-Elliott 95B
Jürgen Voigt J-470 Contra-Ferguson 2A
tbonesullivan

Post by tbonesullivan »

Just got my order 2 days after I placed it, exactly as ordered. They are one of the only places that stocks the thumb paddle that fits onto Yamaha F-levers. Surprise: you can put it on all current 600 series horns with F attachments, and also older 600 series tenor and basses. You do need to order the "lyre screw" separately, which they do not stock.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone

Return to “Mouthpieces”