Long Island Brass company

trombonedemon

Long Island Brass company

Post by trombonedemon »

This Long Island Brass comp. bass trombone mouthpiece came in today. Feels the largest out of all these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Conn 112 H w/bored out rotors w/heavyweight caps, Sterling Silver Edward's B3 and Shires B3 leadpipe w/62H slide. Long Island Brass Comp Dimensions 29.5 inner rim .323 backbore solid silver lefreque
tbonesullivan

Re: Long Island Brass company

Post by tbonesullivan »

Largest inside, or largest outside? What cup diameter did you order?
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
trombonedemon

Post by trombonedemon »

tbonesullivan wrote: โ†‘Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:09 pm Largest inside, or largest outside? What cup diameter did you order?
From smallest to largest, the O G 29.5 inner rim. .323 back bore, same dimisions as Long Island Brass. LIB feels much bigger.
Conn 112 H w/bored out rotors w/heavyweight caps, Sterling Silver Edward's B3 and Shires B3 leadpipe w/62H slide. Long Island Brass Comp Dimensions 29.5 inner rim .323 backbore solid silver lefreque
tbonesullivan

Post by tbonesullivan »

trombonedemon wrote: โ†‘Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:15 pmFrom smallest to largest, the O G 29.5 inner rim. .323 back bore, same dimisions as Long Island Brass. LIB feels much bigger.
Probably due to the rim shape. The LI Brass mouthpiece has a wider rim, and that moves the "apex" of the rim shape out as well. The GB looks to have a more asymmetrical rim, with the apex closer to the inside of the cup. I think anyway.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
trombonedemon

Post by trombonedemon »

Yea man, Imma play a lot of slow lip slurs with this mouthpiece.
LIBrassCo

Post by LIBrassCo »

It's not uncommon for our mouthpieces to feel larger than the size they are. While the impression could be in part from the wider rim, it also has do to with some of the design. As a result, many players end up going one size smaller from where they typically are comfortable.
Check out our new bass trombone doubling mouthpieces: https://www.librassco.com/broadway-bass
trombonedemon

Post by trombonedemon »

LIBrassCo wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:45 am It's not uncommon for our mouthpieces to feel larger than the size they are. While the impression could be in part from the wider rim, it also has do to with some of the design. As a result, many players end up going one size smaller from where they typically are comfortable.
This is perfect though, a new challenge ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘Œ. This mouthpiece has more of larger blanket sound, in all ranges. From contra to extremes. That bronze shank helps settles the amount of air I have to put in it. Still though I always felt I would end up with a contra sized bass bone mouthpiece. Tis a great peice. May I recommend spend the extra penny and get the separate shank so you try some of the new cups ๐Ÿฅค ๐Ÿ˜‰ he's gonna come up with!!!! Well worth the wait, my 2 cents.
trombonedemon

Post by trombonedemon »

OK so the dimensions are same as I asked, but this cup is a Beast. Me likes.
trombonedemon

Post by trombonedemon »

So I went back to the GB and I can't put any air in it. The cup is the restriction for the GB. I've permanently switched to LIBC. This mp let's me breath.
greenjambone

Post by greenjambone »

I really like my LIBC tenor pieces. They DO feel larger than they are sized, and (as someone mentioned above) this is probably due to rim shape. Love the way they play and sound!
- Joel Mikulyak
https://www.joelmikulyak.com/lessons-to ... e-spinner/
https://www.instagram.com/greenjambone/

Yamaha 891Z - DE XT103.5 C
Bach 36 Straight - DE XT104 D+ (hopefully!)
Bach 42G Thayer - DE XT104 G

Return to โ€œMouthpiecesโ€