How much if any…

bassbonebuster

How much if any…

Post by bassbonebuster »

How much if any should lip and cheek tissue protrude between the teeth as you play? I notice with sharp rims, my 93D or Yeo, or smaller diameter rims < Schilke 60/Bach 1G the inside of my lip and cheeks get raw rubbing in and out between my teeth, but when I play large > Schilke 60/Bach 1G rim this doesn’t happen. I’ve been acclimating to my DE Lexan 112,L8 from my GB 0G and adore the Lexan rim and have placed an order with Doug for Lexan 116, but was curious to see what you guys and gals thoughts were?
imsevimse

Re: How much if any…

Post by imsevimse »

I don't quite understand. You mean your lips are in between your teeth when you play? Does this mean that if you then bite you will bite your lips?

I guess if you curl your lip over the teeth this will happen. I don't play that way myself so I have no good answer. My lips protrude somewhat into the mouthpiece instead, so that is rather the opposite, away from the teeth. It is not by much, but they do, and it is one of the things that made it easier for me to play. I'm sure you will have some good answers in this thread what's recommended.

/Tom
Last edited by imsevimse on Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

bassbonebuster wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:08 pm lip and cheek tissue protrude between the teeth as you play
He's talking about the sides, between molars.

I don't have a good answer without seeing it, but it sounds like your cheeks may too tight.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Vegasbound

Post by Vegasbound »

Have a lesson with Doug

Return to “Mouthpieces”