Laskey

Bach5G

Laskey

Post by Bach5G »

New Laskey horn and tuba mpcs are being produced by Eastman/Backun in BC. They’ve also added content to the the site including articles by the late Scott Laskey on choosing a new mpc and mpc weights. There is also some info that might shed light on some of the inconsistencies in the line over the years.

Has anyone heard any feedback re: the new Laskey pieces from our horn or tuba colleagues?
tbonesullivan

Re: Laskey

Post by tbonesullivan »

It seems like they are really trying hard to do the Laskey legacy justice. They've been looking at how his designs changed over the years, trying to make sure when they make the CNC programs and scans, that they are making the best possible example. There also is definitely great reading on the website.

I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone about the new vs old mouthpieces yet. I have a horn playing friend who plays Laskey mouthpieces, and he had several of the same model. Like many people he's been hunting down used examples as well.

I really hope they are able to make a 59MD for trombone that really does the brand justice. I have two, and a 59D as well. I also have an 85MD, but currently I'm favoring my Ferguson Minick clones.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone

Return to “Mouthpieces”