Recommendations for next Mouthpiece

iambeam

Recommendations for next Mouthpiece

Post by iambeam »

Hi Everyone,

I'm a beginner/intermediate player who is playing dixieland. I have a Conn 24h and a 7c, 12c, and 61/2AL - So far, I like the 7c best and generally play that most of the time. I would like to continue to try different mouthpieces. Any recommendations for a new one?

The 7c I have is a Bach - I'm also wondering if perhaps I should, instead of trying a new size, maybe try a different brand?

Any thoughts?

Thanks...
spencercarran

Re: Recommendations for next Mouthpiece

Post by spencercarran »

The 7c is a completely reasonable mouthpiece for that horn and the style you say you're playing. What's the motive for looking for a new mouthpiece? Anything you dislike about the current setup?
iambeam

Post by iambeam »

spencercarran wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:55 am The 7c is a completely reasonable mouthpiece for that horn and the style you say you're playing. What's the motive for looking for a new mouthpiece? Anything you dislike about the current setup?
The motive is really just trying out something new - wondering what's out there - etc.... Learning about the instrument and how the different pieces change the sound.
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

Mouthpiece choice is not just about sound. It should be about how your chops interact with it. A 7C is perfect for some players, and unplayable to others.

If you want real advice that's useful, I can give it to you if I can see you play. I need to see, not just hear.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."

Return to “Mouthpieces”