Mouthpiece for jazz .500 bore

Diana6

Mouthpiece for jazz .500 bore

Post by Diana6 »

I would like advice for a mouthpiece for my son's Benge 170 Freelance. He started with a Bach 12C, and now has moved on to a 7C . He plays it well, but it has more of a trumpet sound to his ear and (mine)... too bright/harsh at times. He will be recording some jazz pieces for optional music supplements for college applications, so he would like to find a MP with a good jazz sounding tone along with comfort and ease of play... more of a richer, less trumpet sound than the 7C.

Looking at trying a Bach 6 1/2 A, Bach 6 3/4 C, Bach 7, Marc Lloyd Ulyate ET4, or Yamaha Nils Langren.

I know this comes down to personal taste, but if anyone has advice for us, it would be greatly appreciated.
The Benge is a .500 bore and fairly lightweight.
Doug Elliott

Re: Mouthpiece for jazz .500 bore

Post by Doug Elliott »

It's just as important to choose something that is a good match to the player, as to the horn.
You didn't mention it, but does your son also play a large bore horn?

The mouthpieces you mentioned are not different enough from the 7C to make the difference you want. Maybe the 6-1/2 or the Nils Landgren.

I have a different perspective from a lot of people here...
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

He has a Yamaha 356R for concert band, which he also uses the 7C. He probably needs to change MP's for this one too.

The Nils L. is fairly inexpensive, so it could be a possibility.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Doug is a great expert on mouthpieces, and I'd suggest getting a Skype lesson for your son.

The "trumpety" sound is a combination of the shallow mouthpiece and how he plays. You can go to a deeper cup (like the 6.5AL) to compensate for the shallow mouthpiece, but I think there is something in his playing that Doug could easily help fix. Lots of great players play 12C, 11C, 7C, 4C, etc. mouthpieces and don't sound "trumpety".

Does he sound "trumpety" on the Yamaha?
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
dukesboneman

Post by dukesboneman »

The Bach 7C is a great Mouthpiece. He`s young and if he`s looking for a "quick fix" mouthpiece to sound great, They don`t exist.
PRACTICE
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

BGuttman wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:03 am Doug is a great expert on mouthpieces, and I'd suggest getting a Skype lesson for your son.

The "trumpety" sound is a combination of the shallow mouthpiece and how he plays. You can go to a deeper cup (like the 6.5AL) to compensate for the shallow mouthpiece, but I think there is something in his playing that Doug could easily help fix. Lots of great players play 12C, 11C, 7C, 4C, etc. mouthpieces and don't sound "trumpety".

Does he sound "trumpety" on the Yamaha?
I've never heard him sound trumpety before on any other trombone/MP combination. I bought him this Benge as an upgrade to use for high school/college Jazz band.
brtnats

Post by brtnats »

The Nils works well with dual bore horns. It’s in the 6 3/4 range. I bet it would sound good on both horns.
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

I couldn't find a suitable mouthpiece for my small bore trombones. I did a single Skype lesson with Doug Elliott and he nailed it. Saved me a lot of money and time.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
tbonesullivan

Post by tbonesullivan »

Definitely listen to what Doug has said. He's the expert.

I can tell you with my experience going from a Large Bore to a small bore, you really need to practice with it consistently to get a more mellow sound. If you play it like a large bore, the sound will not be optimal.

What kind of mouthpiece are they using on the large bore?
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

The 356R is a small shank dual bore horn .500/.525. You could use the same mouthpiece on both horns, but I probably wouldn't.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Yes, Doug is right. At least in my experience. I tend to find that using the same piece I do on my medium bore or large bore horns but with a small shank to work much better on it than the smaller ones that I use in my truly small bore horns.
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

He uses Marcinkiewicz Jiggs ET-7 or the 7C with his 356R. It sounds very good, but he is going to try a 6 1/2 AL that someone is going to lend him.

He, of course, has tried the Jiggs with the Benge 170. It's similar to the 7C in sound. It's not bad, but it does have a trumpet sound times, especially in the upper range. He plays the 7C with a King 606 for Marching Band, and it didn't have a "trumpet sound". We think that he may like the Benge sound better with something bigger? He will try the borrowed 6 1/2AL with the Benge as well to see what happens.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

I think he needs to stop trying to power his way through the Benge and instead use more finesse than air (if you can figure out what I mean). Smaller horns don't need anywhere near as much air as larger horns.

His problem probably would be much worse if he were going from a large bore to the Benge.

Quick suggestion: play very softly on the Benge using the Jiggs mouthpiece. See if he can get a nice trombone-like sound. Then work louder trying to keep that nice sound without getting harsh. Don't try to muscle the horn -- coax it.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

Thanks for the advice. And yes, practice is essential.

My son used a Bach 6 1/2 AL (borrowed) for the past few days with his Being Freelance. The sound is sooo different than the 7C, Jiggs, and 12C. No trumpety sound at all. He likes the feel of it but is concerned about the upper range. I think he sort of likes the punchy sound from the 7C, but it does sound harsh at times. The Benge is loud! Mr. Guttman is right with his advice above.

So, after some reading on this forum about how some moved from the 6 1/2 AL to the 6 1/2 A, to help the upper range and ease of play, I may buy the 6 1/2A. Not sure how the Yam. Nils Langren differs from it, but both can be found new for under $60. I think either MP can also be used with his Yam. 356R, correct?
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

I think either MP can also be used with his Yam. 356R, correct?
Yes, with the caveat that technically you can get a 6.5A in large shank too, sometimes oddly called "Bass" shank. I'd be surprised if you can't find one pre-owned here too fwiw and 100% of everyone here will know if it fits that horn or not. Heck, now that I say that I'm pretty sure I jut got a small shank 6.5A with a horn I got... can you PM me I'll look through my big box of mouthpieces and if I have one and you pay shipping I'll give it to you.

The short of it is that the 6.5 series Bach are some of the most popular mouthpieces of all time, for a lot of reasons. However, they made some weird design choices. The "L" that you often see paired with an "A" means a specific reamer was used on the backbore. That means on the large shank mouthpieces, it actually makes the "A" size smaller and the small shank it makes the "A" bigger. That isn't to say that one is better than the other just that people don't realize that per se and especially in the days of buying blind over the internet, might yield results differently than expected.

Or perhaps what you need to know as a parent is that there are... basically... two "sizes" of hole that the trombone can take mouthpieces in: small and large. There are exceptions, but you don't need to worry about them. The 356 takes a small shank. So you want a "Small Shank 6.5A". The Nils, as far as I know, is only a small shank.
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

Thanks Matt.

Any thoughts as to which of the 2, Nils L. and the 6 1/2A, would be a better choice for a .500?

Are they pretty similar?
ithinknot

Post by ithinknot »

Diana6 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:39 am Any thoughts as to which of the 2, Nils L. and the 6 1/2A, would be a better choice for a .500?

Are they pretty similar?
Either could be fine... but be warned that the rim profile on the Nils is quite different from your average Bach shape. (Somewhat narrower, and with a more pronounced high point towards the inside.)

I can't imagine any individual not having a clear preference one way or the other.

Wick 7CS might also be worth a try. Appropriate for the Benge or Yamaha, rim diameter is Bach 6.5, profile somewhat flatter, cup and throat both sort of halfway between the Bach 7C and 6.5AL, if that makes sense. Similar price to the others.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Diana6 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:39 am Thanks Matt.

Any thoughts as to which of the 2, Nils L. and the 6 1/2A, would be a better choice for a .500?

Are they pretty similar?
Not sure how similar. Typically Yamaha are closer to Schilkes. Which, speaking of, a Shilke 48 or Yamaha 48 would also be a good mouthpiece to try.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Other candidates:
• Marcinkiewicz 11
• Marcinkiewicz ET4 Lloyd Ulyate (a bit like an opened-up 7C)
• Marcinkiewicz 9B B. Stroup (bigger but still jazzy)
• Bach 6¾C
• Giddings Chubasco

Lots of mouthpieces around that make great jazz sounds. Try a few and let them speak for themselves instead of trying to force them into something you think they should sound like. This takes longer than a 5-minute trial!
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Bach 6.5AL, small shank or the 7C he's got. The 7C isn't innately bad, and shouldn't sound like a trumpet in any circumstance.

The trumpet sound you want to get rid of is probably from his articulations. "If you play something like it's a trumpet, it will sound like a trumpet no matter what mouthpiece you use", sort of thing.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Diana6 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:39 am Thanks Matt.

Are they pretty similar?
The Nils is closer to a Bach 6 3/4c than a 6.5a. Very open throat and backbore and an open blow for a fat sound. I played one for a while but couldn’t get used to the sharp narrow rim (this may be comfortable for others though!).

A 6.5a is deeper but probably has a tighter throat than the Nils. I have a Mount Vernon era 6.5a that is one of the best mouthpieces I’ve played, but I’d say more suited as an all around piece for a .508 bore horn.

Both are good pieces! I’d also recommend the Yamaha 48 as a cheap option to try. It’s like a slightly smaller and more efficient 6.5 sized piece.

The 7c and 12c are similar profiles and produce a similar sound in different sizes. The 6.5a and 11c are also considered to be ‘in the same family’ and more of a funnel shape, and for me produce a richer, more mellow sound. For a .500 bore horn personally I’d be looking for something in the 11c range.
Vegasbound

Post by Vegasbound »

IMHO, instead of buying him a mouthpiece, get him a skype lesson with Doug Elliott
Trav1s

Post by Trav1s »

A skype lesson with Doug Elliott would be the best next step for your son.

Faxx 6.5AL is reasonable option to look into but chasing mouthpieces can quickly become a costly and frustrating endeavor.
Travis B.
Trombone player since 1986 and Conn-vert since 2006
1961 24H - LT101/C+/D2
1969 79H - LT102/D/D4
1972 80H - Unicorn
Benge 165F LT102/F+/G8
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

Thanks for all the advice.
I realize that lessons are a good idea. He does have an instructor at times.

Right now, as a super busy senior in high school, trying to prepare for recordings for college applications, as a NON -MUSIC MAJOR, he needs a decent mouthpiece that will give him a good sound with this new Benge. The supplemental recordings are just that, supplemental to his application for engineering schools. Sometimes it helps to get into better schools if you show your talent that you intend to utilize while attending.

I think he will purchase a 6 1/2A at this time. He has been using the 6 1/2AL and sounding pretty good and it is comfortable too. He wants a bit more ease and clarity in the upper range so maybe the "A". If he doesn't like it, he can sell it.

I don't think it is unusual for a 7C to sound harsh on some trombones, as I've searched this forum in the last couple days, and found this same comment quite a few times. I also read that some opt for the Bach 7.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Good choice Diana. There's nothing wrong with a Bach 6½A. I don't get along quite so well with Bach mouthpieces, so my choice would be the Yamaha Nils Landgren - pretty jazzy full sound, larger throat, and also readily available (and resellable).

Good luck to your busy high schooler.
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

Posaunus wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:51 am Good choice Diana. There's nothing wrong with a Bach 6½A. I don't get along quite so well with Bach mouthpieces, so my choice would be the Yamaha Nils Landgren - pretty jazzy full sound, larger throat, and also readily available (and resellable).

Good luck to your busy high schooler.
Thanks so much!

Can you tell me what a larger throat does to the sound and playability?
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

Depends on the entire design. It's either a good match or it isn't.
I haven't actually seen a Yamaha Nils Landgren but I think it's probably a good choice and also more easily resellable.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Diana6 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:05 pm
Posaunus wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:51 am Good choice Diana. There's nothing wrong with a Bach 6½A. I don't get along quite so well with Bach mouthpieces, so my choice would be the Yamaha Nils Landgren - pretty jazzy full sound, larger throat, and also readily available (and resellable).
Thanks so much!

Probably a little subtle to others, but to me the larger Nils Landgren throat plays a little "fuller." Good "jazz" mouthpiece for me. But I've never played a Benge Freelance.

Manufacturer specifications (not always accurate):
Bach 6½A: Cup I.D 25.4mm; throat 5.85mm
Yamaha Nils Landgren: Cup I.D. 25.11mm; throat 6.25mm
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Diana6 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:05 pm Thanks so much!

Doug’s right, it’s the design as a whole, but the Nils with the larger throat and backbore is just more open and free blowing, and you can power lots of air through it. Other designs you may have to finesse a little more, or they feel like you’re overblowing them if you used the same volume of air. The Nils produces a big, fat sound. I’d say a good 6.5a does too but the blow is different, and it’s a deeper more V shaped cup, giving perhaps not as much brilliance to the sound.

Nils Langdren is primarily a funk player and his mouthpiece was designed for his needs and his horn (a duel bore Yamaha I believe). He also plays on a mic in a heavily amplified setting for what it’s worth.

They are cheap (the silver plated version) and easy to resell so would be worth a try to compare to the 6.5a if you get a chance.
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

How does the Nils L. compare to a Bach 6 1/2AL? I know that the 6 1/2AL is a 25.4, but is the throat and backbone fairly open like the Nils L.? Maybe that's what is missing on the MP's he has been trying...

I will look to see if I can find a Nils for a good price.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Diana6 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:21 pm How does the Nils L. compare to a Bach 6 1/2AL? I know that the 6 1/2AL is a 25.4, but is the throat and backbone fairly open like the Nils L.? Maybe that's what is missing on the MP's he has been trying...
Diana,

There's really nothing "wrong" with any of these mouthpieces.
6½AL specs: 25.4mm Cup I.D.; 6.63mm Throat (rather large for a small tenor mouthpiece).
The 6½AL Cup and Rim are allegedly the same as the 6½A, which has a narrow 5.85mm Throat.

I'm only one trombonist, but to me both these Bach pieces are a little unbalanced for a 0.500" bore trombone - too large and too deep. And I think the narrow 6½A Throat is a bit too restrictive for a 6½ Cup. But that cup size works well (for me) on a medium-bore (0.525") trombone.

For a 0.500" bore, I now prefer a slightly smaller (less volume, smaller I.D.) Cup than a 6½. [However, to be honest, this preference has changed over time!] Many fine jazz players are happy with pieces in the 11C / 7C size (with 5.85mm Throat), but my current preference is for something less shrill - at least 25.0mm Cup I.D, with perhaps a larger (~6.25mm) Throat.

In any case, it's impossible to place my preferences on your son's playing, so what works for me (and my playing style, etc.) may not work for him - especially at this point in his trombone journey. As you've already seen from this thread, everyone seems to have their own favorite. The only solutions I can see are:
• Just pick a mouthpiece and learn how to play it,
or
• Buy a new mouthpiece or two, compare them, and select which works best for now.
Just understand that his "favorite" may change with time and experience!

Good luck!
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

Okay, I think something around a 25mm with a 6.25 throat would be best for this Benge, as it plays rather bright, to the point of shrill, with the 12C and 7C. He wants something between a 7C and 6 1/2AL.

Options:

Conn 3 - too outdated? seems like it would fit this range and it would be inexpensive for him
Yam. Nils Langren
D. Wick 9BS
D. Wick 10CS
Marc. Lloyd Ulyate
Schilke 47CS
Vegasbound

Post by Vegasbound »

Have the lesson with Doug, he is one of top guys around on embouchure types, is your son a high or low placement? Upstream or downstream player?

A lesson with Doug will save dollars and time in the long run and if a new mouthpiece is needed your son will also learn the optimum rim size for his chops
imsevimse

Post by imsevimse »

Diana6 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:58 am Looking at trying a Bach 6 1/2 A, Bach 6 3/4 C, Bach 7, Marc Lloyd Ulyate ET4, or Yamaha Nils Langren.

I know this comes down to personal taste, but if anyone has advice for us, it would be greatly appreciated.
The Benge is a .500 bore and fairly lightweight.
You have listed MY favourite mouthpieces for a small bore trombone. I used to play a Bach 6 3/4 C many years but have now changed to a Nils Landgren. The rim is a tad wider but to me they play very close. The Nils Landgren gives a somewhat deeper sound. A Bach 6 1/2 AL gives an even fuller sound but then it also gets less pregnant and will take a little more work if the gig is heavy (to me). The Lloyd Ulyate is a kind of Bach 11 C-ish mouthpiece. Very good mouthpiece too and my favourite of the Marc. Signature series. The L. Uluate givs a smooth clear sound but I would place it on the other side of the 6 3/4 C. The Bach 7 C your son plays has never been a good match to me so therefore I can not recommend, but it is a common choice too for professionals.

Mouthpieces are very individual choice, but the ones you have listed that I've played are real good mouthpieces, all of them, except maybe the Bach 7 because I never have tried that one.

Mouthpieces are a compromise. My belief is the mouthpiece should not be larger than it has to be. If the sound is "trumpet-like" I guess that means it is a very shallow sound with lots of high overtones and less of the fundamental. This is NOT caused so much by the mouthpiece, but more from how to approach the mouthpiece and make the sound. I guess not all share my opinion about this but to me no mouthpiece you're listed make my trombone sound "trumpet-like".
For me shallow mouthpieces gives me a easier high register and more pregnance and some sparkles and as contrast the deeper mouthpieces gives me a deeper voice. My best sound needs both to be deep voice and the shiny sparkes. I do sometimes use a Hammond 13M or 12M or even a Hammond 12MXL on a small bore to give me that real deep sound but that cames with a price because the shiny sparkles is then what becomes harder. A 12M is about the size of a 5G. With such a large mouthpiece I need also to push the tuningslide all the way in or else my horn will be too flat. The point of having a neat small bore trombone becomes also questionable. If I play a mouthpiece that large, why not play a .525 or a .547 horn instead.

/Tom
afugate

Post by afugate »

imsevimse wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:08 pm You have listed MY favourite mouthpieces for a small bore trombone. I used to play a Bach 6 3/4 C many years but have now changed to a Nils Landgren. The rim is a tad wider but to me they play very close. The Nils Landgren gives a somewhat deeper sound. A Bach 6 1/2 AL gives an even fuller sound but then it also gets less pregnant and will take a little more work if the gig is heavy (to me). The Lloyd Ulyate is a kind of Bach 11 C-ish mouthpiece. Very good mouthpiece too and my favourite of the Marc. Signature series. The L. Uluate givs a smooth clear sound but I would place it on the other side of the 6 3/4 C. The Bach 7 C your son plays has never been a good match to me so therefore I can not recommend, but it is a common choice too for professionals.
Before I switched to my Doug Elliott setup I preferred Bach 11C-sized mouthpieces over the 6 1/2AL and 6 3/4C sized pieces. My go to mouthpieces were a Ferguson 11 and a Wedge 11C with the SS2 throat.

But I play better on larger rims, so I've moved over to a DE setup. :good:

I will echo what has been said. I wish I had Doug's insight/instruction when I was your son's age. Learning how the chops work and what's the most effective approach for your son will do far more for his success (and enjoyment) than any mouthpiece purchase.

--Andy in OKC
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

Unfortunately, we have a very limited budget. He is not going to be a music major, so we are trying to just choose something in the size range, that's been discussed above, that will be comfortable and not terribly expensive. We thought that the Marc. Jiggs would work in the Benge, but it is close in sound and feel to his 7C, which is too bright, sometimes to the point of harshness. He does like the 6 1/2AL, but he wants something in between the two.
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

Nils
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

I'm in a meeting but I can check to see if I have a used one. I've had a few of the Nils over the years for one reason or another.
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

Okay, got it. Thanks guys.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

I have a .500 Jupiter 1632 and a .508 Yamaha 891Z and I have been deep down the mouthpiece rabbit hole with both of them. With all caveats in place, a "blind forum recommendation":

From all I can gather from what you've said and what I've played, get the Yamaha Nils Landgren.

Currently (note: currently), I prefer the 7C on my .500 horn. Smaller is too shrill and when I go larger, I lose some of the energy I like to hear. But, the Nils L. is darn close and I am very happy with it in that horn. (the Nils L is my preferred mouthpiece in my .508).

If I go up to a 6.5AL in my .500, my sound looses too much underlying energy (zing, life, complexity, ?). So, my internet guess is that Nils Landgren will mellow out the sound your son is getting without being too much mouthpiece for the horn (and leave it sounding a little dead/fad).

I did try the Bach 6.5A (several times) thinking that it would also be a great "Goldilocks" size for what I wanted in my .500 and .508, but I didn't like it at all. It was dead for me, no life, no energy. I think (me) that it is a poor design (for me), a too large cup throttled down by a too small bore.

(I also did not care for the Bach 6.5 AM, but I do like the 6.5 AL in my .525 and sometimes in my .508, depending).
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

- a note on the Yamaha/Schilke comparisons, they do share a numbering system but the mouthpieces I have used from the two companies are very different. The Schilke 47 is bigger and heavier than the Yamaha 47 (I greatly prefer the Yamaha) and the Schilke 51B is bigger and heavier than the Yamaha 51B (I love the Yamaha 51B, did not like the Schilke at all... both Schilkes are for sale). The Yamaha and Schilke mouthpieces are very different, similar numbering system notwithstanding.

- if someone likes the Bach 7C but would like to try a mouthpiece that was just a hair brighter, try the Yamaha 47, it is a dandy.

- if someone likes the Bach 6.5AL but would like a mouthpiece that is just a tad lighter and brighter, try the Yamaha 48... currently my number two choice on my .508, just after the Nils L.
Last edited by PaulT on Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

One thing you do not want to do is buy a new Bach 6.5AL.

Option #1. The Bach 6.5AL is such a trombone "standard", the odds are your school's band director has three or four (or more) stuck away in a drawer. Ask to borrow one for a trial.

Option #2. Buy a new Faxx 6.5AL for $35. I have a Bach 6.5AL and a Faxx 6.5AL. There is not a whit of difference between them. Most certainly not in quality and workmanship (if there were, my money would give the edge to Faxx).

Option $3. Buy a used Bach 6.5AL (but why buy a used, possibly nicked a bit, used Bach 6.5AL when you can get a new, blemish free, Faxx for $35.
Last edited by PaulT on Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

Every Faxx mouthpiece I have run across is noticeably smaller than its number would indicate.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

I didn't measure my mouthpieces and lack Doug's experience, so I will defer.... but, if the Faxx 6.5AL is slightly smaller than its Bach namesake, that might place it in the "Goldilocks" category for your son, and a $35 dollar Goldilocks is a good deal.

(and I missed the part about your having already borrowed a 6.5AL from the school. See how long you can keep it. The 6.5AL is a great touchstone) ((similar to the Bach 3C in the trumpet world))
Diana6

Post by Diana6 »

The Nils Langren seems to be... perfect. :good:

It seems to suit my son and his Benge extremely well. Jazzy sound with no shrill harshness, and nice tone throughout his entire range. The change is night and day.

Thanks so much for all the awesome advice!
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Diana6 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:44 am The Nils Langren seems to be... perfect. :good:

It seems to suit my son and his Benge extremely well. Jazzy sound with no shrill harshness, and nice tone throughout his entire range. The change is night and day.
Good news Diana. :idea:

Return to “Mouthpieces”