Thoughts on J Klier bass trombone mpcs?

Bach5G

Thoughts on J Klier bass trombone mpcs?

Post by Bach5G »

Any thoughts, particularly with regard to 2 and 3-sized bass mouthpieces (eg 2AK, 3BK etc).

Can you order from the factory? Is there a good Euro source? Is Dillon the only US source?
Posaunus

Re: Thoughts on J Klier bass trombone mpcs?

Post by Posaunus »

I purchased a Josef Klier 2BK from a TromboneChat member. :wink: About the size of a Schilke 58, or a touch larger. As is the case with other Klier mouthpieces I have tried, it's quite nice in every respect. This a a very under-appreciated brand.

I don't know what retailers carry these; I shop on TC! :good:
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

A good friend of mine used JKs for at least the last 30 years of his career as a top London freelancer small tenor, large tenor and bass. He played the 2 series on bass.

Chris
Pre59

Post by Pre59 »

Thomann.de is a good source in Europe.

I have four small tenor sizes, and two K+H branded pieces that have the same blank and width numbers, so I assume that they're JK made. No problems with JK build quality and the rims are very comfortable, and having recently rediscovered a Bach Artisan 7C I'd certainly like to try a JK of a similar spec with regard to rim comfort.

Thomann.de also has a good returns policy.
heinzgries

Post by heinzgries »

actually Thomann don,t have Klier bass mouthpieces, but you can order directly from the factory
Pre59

Post by Pre59 »

heinzgries wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:39 am actually Thomann don,t have Klier bass mouthpieces, but you can order directly from the factory
My bad...
Splendour

Post by Splendour »

I've played primarily on a JK Exclusive 2AL for the last 20 years. It's worked well for me with a Holton 181 and Rath R9 in british brass bands. To my lips it feels very similar to the Rath B2.

Return to “Mouthpieces”