LOUD mouthpieces

bigbandbone

LOUD mouthpieces

Post by bigbandbone »

Is anyone familiar with a brand of mouthpieces called LOUD? Is there a website? I cannot find one.
noordinaryjoe

Re: LOUD mouthpieces

Post by noordinaryjoe »

Oh...google around, but strap in for a ride: Batsh*t crazy scorned ex-wife drives prices through the roof after husband has affair with a student....bottom line, I don't believe they are currently in production or for sale large scale. Some leftovers seem to show up on ebay from time to time. The pieces themselves seem to be decent examples of stainless steel mouthpieces of relatively traditional dimensions, just don't count on any factory support or information!
Yamaha YBL-612R II
YSL-651
Schiller Heritage Bb/C (YSL-350C clone)
Pirate
bigbandbone

Post by bigbandbone »

Thanks Joe.
RichC

Post by RichC »

I've got a LM35 bass piece sitting around unused if you're interested.
noordinaryjoe

Post by noordinaryjoe »

Here's a comparison chart that at least gives you the basics as to where they fit in among current manufacture's offerings:

https://mouthpieceexpress.com/catalog/fox-charts.php
Yamaha YBL-612R II
YSL-651
Schiller Heritage Bb/C (YSL-350C clone)
Pirate
TromboneMonkey

Post by TromboneMonkey »

It's worth noting that there are two iterations of LOUD pieces, the older ones made by Dave Houser like this one: https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/imag ... be9098.jpg

And the newer ones unaffiliated with Houser, like this one: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/uFIAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

bigbandbone wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:01 am Is anyone familiar with a brand of mouthpieces called LOUD? Is there a website? I cannot find one.
The only thing I heard about them is they are what a lot of drum and bugle corps force all the brass players to play on. So...
Tbarh

Post by Tbarh »

noordinaryjoe wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:19 am Oh...google around, but strap in for a ride: Batsh*t crazy scorned ex-wife drives prices through the roof after husband has affair with a student....bottom line, I don't believe they are currently in production or for sale large scale. Some leftovers seem to show up on ebay from time to time. The pieces themselves seem to be decent examples of stainless steel mouthpieces of relatively traditional dimensions, just don't count on any factory support or information!
Wow...... Pass the pop corn..
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Tbarh wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:53 amWow...... Pass the pop corn..
Yeah, it looks like she's gone far beyond the brass mouthpiece realm.

Check out her book

and you thought this sort of stuff only happened in fiction....
Tbarh

Post by Tbarh »

Wow..... For real? 😮
bitbckt

Post by bitbckt »

The "About the Author" text at that Amazon link is fantastic, in the most literal sense of the word.
bigbandbone

Post by bigbandbone »

Does anyone know which model number would be the equivalent of a Bach 1G? I'd like to start hunting for one.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Per David Werden, there are only two Loud bass trombone mouthpieces:

Loud LM-35: Cup I.D. 27.50mm / 1.083" ; throat 7.14mm / 0.281"
Loud LM-30: Cup I.D. 29.60mm / 1.165" ; throat 8.2mm / 0.322"

Bach 1G: Cup I.D. 28.0mm / 1.102" ; throat 8.11mm / 0.319"
JonTheCadet

Post by JonTheCadet »

Posaunus wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:02 am Per David Werden, there are only two Loud bass trombone mouthpieces:

Loud LM-35: Cup I.D. 27.50mm / 1.083" ; throat 7.14mm / 0.281"
Loud LM-30: Cup I.D. 29.60mm / 1.165" ; throat 8.2mm / 0.322"

Bach 1G: Cup I.D. 28.0mm / 1.102" ; throat 8.11mm / 0.319"
There should be a Loud LM-31 too.

LM-31 BASS TROMBONE MOUTHPIECE (large shank only)

CUP CHARACTERISTICS:
Full deep cup with medium round rim and comfortable inner bite. For those looking for a 1G or Schilke 60 style cup.
RIM CHARACTERISTICS: Width 5.4 mm / 0.212inches
INNER DIAMETER: 28.7 mm / 1.129in
THROAT BORE: 8 mm / 0.314in

DESCRIPTION: Model LM-31 has been outlawed in 43 States for refusal to comply with State and Federal decibel ordinances!

Of course, we’re kidding.

This mouthpiece is intended to create a massive, powerhouse bass trombone sound that is more comfortable and easier to control than the typical thin-rimmed bass trombone mouthpiece. The “thickness” of the rim is greater on an LM-31 than a Schilke 60. Our rim is designed you give you maximum comfort at your absolute highest dynamic levels and still give those lightning fast articulations with a big, fat “Are you talking to me?!” sound.

If you are looking for a warm, fluffy, mellow bass trombone mouthpiece….keep looking. Come to think of it, if you are looking for a warm, fluffy, mellow mouthpiece, you’re at the wrong website. Here, we do LOUD! If you believe that the bass trombone is the most important instrument in ANY ensemble, look no further. You just found your new mouthpiece! Available in large shank only.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

JonTheCadet wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:06 pm
If you are looking for a warm, fluffy, mellow bass trombone mouthpiece….keep looking. Come to think of it, if you are looking for a warm, fluffy, mellow mouthpiece, you’re at the wrong website. Here, we do LOUD! If you believe that the bass trombone is the most important instrument in ANY ensemble, look no further. You just found your new mouthpiece! Available in large shank only.
Wow! I guess the point has been made! :horror:
ConnorTheBandGeek

Post by ConnorTheBandGeek »

Hey, I am in search of some L@UD mouthpieces for my collection. I currently only have the LM52 large tenor and LM31 large bass mouthpieces. I really want to find the small shank mouthpiece to complete my collection. plz respond or email me at [email protected] if you have any insights on selling me one or if you know anyone in the market. Thank you!
Last edited by ConnorTheBandGeek on Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

ConnorTheBandGeek wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:48 pm Hey, I am in search of some L@UD mouthpieces for my collection. I currently only have the LM52 large tenor and LM31 large bass mouthpieces. I really want to find the small shank mouthpiece to complete my collection. plz respond or email me at [email protected] or call me at (606) 371 -9745 if you have any insights on selling me one or if you know anyone in the market. Thank you!
You might want to post this in the Classifieds section where you will get more interest. This thread is simply about discussing the mouthpieces. I think there is one LOUD mouthpiece for sale there.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

RIP your phone message posting a number on a publicly scrapable website too btw. I suggest editing that! I'd recommend saying people can send you an email for you rphone number. Speaking of, you ened one more post before people can contact you and vice versa. If you make it, a mod will typically approve it in short order. Case in point, Bruce got to you within 20 minutes!
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

LOUD Bass trambone mouthpieces -- available in large shank only.

Awww......

:weep: :weep: :weep:

Return to “Mouthpieces”