Tweaking Greg Black MP's

jgill9596

Tweaking Greg Black MP's

Post by jgill9596 »

Does anyone have any experience tweaking GB's mp's other than the 5G that Kitzman did? I am wondering if those same modifications would work on the NY5.25 or the 5GD.

Here is why I ask.

I have been on a mp hunt for about a year. Was playing on a GB 5G light, then got a 5GD, but still wasn't what i was looking for. While at TMEA I started trying the Griego-Alessi mp's and liked the ease of options available. I got a 7E and played on that for about 6 months and then switched equipment. Right now I am testing out a Centennial Bach and a Bach with a Hagman valve. After doing some research on this site and others I was curious to try the Kitzman model GB. A friend let me borrow one and I totally get why people like them. It gives the GB sound but it adds focus, at least for me, to the sound, without having to use a longer leadpipe.
Samit2011

Re: Tweaking Greg Black MP's

Post by Samit2011 »

I’m sure they would work. I would recommend getting it done by him directly. I have a NY 3.25 LW with a .295 bore on the way. I know it’s common for players that play the 3 series rims to open up the throat, and I know some bass players that get a smaller throat.

Return to “Mouthpieces”