Large Piece Library

GBP

Large Piece Library

Post by GBP »

I am putting together a large piece library. I plan to loan it out to people I know who want to try that 60 size piece. It seems to me, players who are looking for something new usually go bigger. I play 60 sized pieces and have some oddballs like the BT-1 and stainless steel pieces like the Nor Easter. I figure it could help players get that, “I wonder if this works”, out of their system. Trying out all the pieces first will also help me better understand what is out there. I think it ought to be a fun little project.
BGuttman

Re: Large Piece Library

Post by BGuttman »

Just a word of caution. Back in the TTF days we put together a Mouthpiece Experiment Kit (MEK) to allow people to try a bunch of pieces. Then it was supposed to be sent out to the next person. Well, it went to a kid, who decided to keep the kit (and maybe sell off the mouthpieces; we never found out). His father, a lawyer, said he didn't have to comply with our rules since he was a minor. End of MEK. Hope this doesn't happen to you.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
GBP

Post by GBP »

BGuttman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:18 pm Just a word of caution. Back in the TTF days we put together a Mouthpiece Experiment Kit (MEK) to allow people to try a bunch of pieces. Then it was supposed to be sent out to the next person. Well, it went to a kid, who decided to keep the kit (and maybe sell off the mouthpieces; we never found out). His father, a lawyer, said he didn't have to comply with our rules since he was a minor. End of MEK. Hope this doesn't happen to you.
I am only going to loan it out to people I know. I have some pieces no longer in production and some that are hard to find. It is just for fun.
paulyg

Post by paulyg »

BGuttman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:18 pm Just a word of caution. Back in the TTF days we put together a Mouthpiece Experiment Kit (MEK) to allow people to try a bunch of pieces. Then it was supposed to be sent out to the next person. Well, it went to a kid, who decided to keep the kit (and maybe sell off the mouthpieces; we never found out). His father, a lawyer, said he didn't have to comply with our rules since he was a minor. End of MEK. Hope this doesn't happen to you.
What a piece of human garbage. This is why we can't have nice things- stupid kids and lawyers.
Paul Gilles
Aerospace Engineer & Trombone Player
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Was that the same kid who stole his school's bass trombone (holton maybe?) and his daddy was on TTF trying to get the school to give it back to him after they seized it from his locker?
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

harrisonreed wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:53 pm Was that the same kid who stole his school's bass trombone (holton maybe?) and his daddy was on TTF trying to get the school to give it back to him after they seized it from his locker?
No, that was a different kid. And it was never established that he stole the school's horn.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
fwbassbone

Post by fwbassbone »

It seems like everyone has a story from the old TTF. I sent a kid $50 for a leadpipe and it never arrived. I tried to recover my $50 from PayPal but no success. Grrrrrr....

Return to “Mouthpieces”