Bach New York

RoscoTrombone

Bach New York

Post by RoscoTrombone »

Hey folks,I've just won an eBay auction of a few mouthpieces one of which is a New York 7C.

It will need replated/reconditioned but is there much of a market for them?

I'm obviously aware of the famed Mt Vernon but haven't seen/heard as much about the NY.

Thanks in advance,

Ross
Burgerbob

Re: Bach New York

Post by Burgerbob »

NY is the period before MV. More rare, maybe better in some ways. An NY 7C would be a pretty special piece.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
chromebone

Post by chromebone »

I have a New York 7C. Rareish, but not as rare as, let’s say, a a Mount Vernon 5G. They do turn up. It’s a really fabulous mouthpiece, very different from the Mount Vernon and the later ones. Flatter rim, different outer shape. I’m sure the backbore is different as well.
RoscoTrombone

Post by RoscoTrombone »

Well that is certainly heartening. I paid very very little for it - I'm now hoping it can be fixed up!

I've never been a fan of 7Cs but will give it a try before selling it on.
chromebone

Post by chromebone »

I think it’s a much better mouthpiece than any Mount Vernon or Corp. 7C I have played.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

RoscoTrombone wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:32 pm Well that is certainly heartening. I paid very very little for it - I'm now hoping it can be fixed up!

I've never been a fan of 7Cs but will give it a try before selling it on.
Fix it up. Try it. You probably still won't love it. Sell it at a high price to a collector. :good:
RoscoTrombone

Post by RoscoTrombone »

Fix it up. Try it. You probably still won't love it. Sell it at a high price to a collector. :good:
[/quote]

That will almost 100% be the plan...it could help fund a new trombone related project or I could surprise my wife and use it towards something (in her wise opinion) infinitely more practical... :lol:
bimmerman

Post by bimmerman »

I have a NY 7C that was my go-to piece for years. It's outplayed everything I've tried in that size. If that size rim works for you, you may dig it a lot.
RoscoTrombone

Post by RoscoTrombone »

Well it arrived today and it's pretty beat up. It looks like it hasn't been used in a long long time!

I've already spoken to my repair guy who says it shouldn't be a problem fixing it up.

How do I post pics from my phone on here?

Ross
RoscoTrombone

Post by RoscoTrombone »

Hey all,

Well I've finally had it tarted up and brought back to life. It's still not perfect but then it is old and was well beaten up!

It however very playable again so if anyone wants to see some pics - I don't know how to do it on here - and are interested in it then drop me a pm and we can have a chat.

Cheers,

Ross

Return to “Mouthpieces”