Bach 5g vs Griego Alessi 7c Vs griego alessi 7d

dorutzzu92

Bach 5g vs Griego Alessi 7c Vs griego alessi 7d

Post by dorutzzu92 »

Hello guys, i need some help for picking a Griego alessi mouthpiece, i've heared that they are very good mouthpieces, i currently play on a Bach 5g and i play the 1st trombone part in a professional orchestra

I like the sound of the bach 5g but i want more response, more projection and loudness, i'm asking someone who have played on the griego 7c and 7d, what is the differences between them and a bach 5g? I've tried a griego Alessi 5c but it was big for me
What mouthpiece should i pick?
Dsohunter

Re: Bach 5g vs Griego Alessi 7c Vs griego alessi 7d

Post by Dsohunter »

Hi,

I recently switched from a Conn 5G to a Griego Alessi 7D. I have not played the 7c. For me, the difference was noticeable almost immediately. The mouthpiece "felt" very similar (it's not quite as deep). The tone it produced was more like what I imagined in my head "cleaner" and "richer" are the words I'd use to describe it.

It's definitely more responsive. Articulation is easier and it slots more accurately. My endurance seems better as well. I also play 1st and the upper range takes much less effort and it greatly reduced the sharpness of my high range. I can get more growl out of the low end as well. Overall, everything takes less effort if that makes sense. I really enjoy it.

I contacted them directly and explained my challenges and they (Kelly) recommended a descending order in which to try them based on my feedback. The 7D was my first recommendation and I loved it right away. I'd recommend contacting them for a consult. For the record, I play on an 88HO. Also, you can buy them from Hickeys and a few other vendors which offer a return policy with a modest fee.

Return to “Mouthpieces”