Andy Hunter Rath Mouthpiece

dukesboneman

Andy Hunter Rath Mouthpiece

Post by dukesboneman »

Has anyone tried or own a Rath S5 A.H. (Andy Hunter) mouthpiece?
He`s such an incredible player
It seems like its a (Bach) 5-ish size
Thanks
Fidbone

Re: Andy Hunter Rath Mouthpiece

Post by Fidbone »

Yes, I have. It does fall into the 5 size category similar to the Michael Dease model Rath.
It's pretty deep and has quite a fat sound as you'd expect. Fits a .525 bore horn very well.
Hope this helps?
HermanGerman

Post by HermanGerman »

Fidbone wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:37 am Hope this helps?
Seems to help Mr. Hunter´s embouchure. I believe someone with the same lips, mouth cavity, teeth, tongue position, phrasing, breath, exercises and so on and so on (and so on) will have a similar sound..or not.
MrHCinDE

Post by MrHCinDE »

This thread reminded me about a Rath S5 I had in a drawer and hadn‘t played for a while. It‘s the plain S5, not the AH or MD version. After a quick play test, it might be just what I’ve been looking for to use with my .525 horn, which so far has been a bit of a puzzle.

The standard S5 feels pretty close in diameter to a Bach 5-sized rim and there‘s no mention on the Rath website of the AH having a different rim so probably it is also close to a Bach 5 rim diameter. The profile on the S5 and L5 both feel different to the Bach 5G I‘ve tried but I can‘t quite put my finger on which way.

Mick Rath and his team have always been helpful to answer any questions I‘ve had about their products, I suggest you shoot them a quick email.
Fidbone

Post by Fidbone »

HermanGerman wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:48 am
Fidbone wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:37 am Hope this helps?
Seems to help Mr. Hunter´s embouchure. I believe someone with the same lips, mouth cavity, teeth, tongue position, phrasing, breath, exercises and so on and so on (and so on) will have a similar sound..or not.
This doesn't help :shuffle:

You forgot his musical brain...... :biggrin:

Return to “Mouthpieces”