Minick Olds George Roberts Model

Fairlane57

Minick Olds George Roberts Model

Post by Fairlane57 »

I thought this horn might be enjoyable for the lovers of classic horns.This is a Minick George Roberts Olds. Converted to an inline bass. Note the second valve is the later larger valve. Enjoy!! Thanks, Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fairlane57

Re: Minick Olds George Roberts Model

Post by Fairlane57 »

More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon »

Wow! Where in the world did you find that?
Rath R1 2000s, Elliott XT
Bach 42 1974, Elliott XT
Holton 169 1965, Elliott LB
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott LB
Fairlane57

Post by Fairlane57 »

The horn has been in the Phoenix area for a long time. My friend bought it in college. I bought it from him . He bought it back from me and then I finally bought it back from him!!! It is a really cool and great playing bass trombone.

Bob
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon »

Fairlane57 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:57 am The horn has been in the Phoenix area for a long time. My friend bought it in college. I bought it from him . He bought it back from me and then I finally bought it back from him!!! It is a really cool and great playing bass trombone.

Bob
Right on! Awesome bone!

Do you know if the second larger valve was an intentional design choice from Minick? Or just something done out of necessity/lack of parts?

My bass slide is a prime example of Minick running out of parts and slapping something together :pant: Slide plays great none the less!
Rath R1 2000s, Elliott XT
Bach 42 1974, Elliott XT
Holton 169 1965, Elliott LB
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott LB
Fairlane57

Post by Fairlane57 »

Right on! Awesome bone!

Do you know if the second larger valve was an intentional design choice from Minick? Or just something done out of necessity/lack of parts?

My bass slide is a prime example of Minick running out of parts and slapping something together :pant: Slide plays great none the less!

I don't know the reasoning Minick used for the larger valve but it definitely works well.
Fairlane57

Post by Fairlane57 »

Still available.

Return to “Instruments”