Holton Model 65 194x just ended...

TBoneHalfNote

Holton Model 65 194x just ended...

Post by TBoneHalfNote »

Please share with me my grief or call me a 'stupid looser' (I deserve it) - within last 24 hours a wonderful Holton Model 65 ended on eBay and I missed it while I had a perfect chance to grab it.
:weep:

Has anyone here watched it?
There were 16 watches up to the last 10 seconds of the auction end and only 1 bid at the end. There was one more bid from me but it didn't count... you know: too late and I only placed $200 thinking no one is interested in it. I was wrong and my bid wasn't accepted.

Here it is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1941-HOLTON-MO ... _cvip=true

As some of you may've noticed I'm currently on a lookout for my first trombone and my only good source for one is the US eBay. As I already complained in another thread many US sellers stopped shipping out of the US. This was an exception and the shipping charges were VERY honest.

This was my perfect chance to stop meandering and start moving the slide and I stupidly missed it!
- The seller is a good guy and he promised to do his best in packing the proper way
- The trombone is in nearly perfect shape for it's age
- What a nice horn could be used by me as my first trombone!

I'm sitting here and crying...
Posaunus

Re: Holton Model 65 194x just ended...

Post by Posaunus »

TBone,

There are lots of fish in the sea - and lots more trombones available to purchase. This old Holton may have been more of a project than you expected. Do you know a good trombone tech who can renovate an old, possibly misaligned slide? :idk:

Time to stop grieving and keep looking. :roll:
TBoneHalfNote

Post by TBoneHalfNote »

Posaunus wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:09 pm TBone,
There are lots of fish in the sea - and lots more trombones available to purchase. ...
Posaunus - if I start a search on eBay with my shipping location I get only a few offers on the US eBay and normally on old beaten up horns that DO ship to my location. Often at mad shipping costs ("Hah - you have no choice!")

When I go to picclick and search from there I see as you correctly noticed '... lots of fish in the sea - and lots more trombones available to purchase...' that only ship within the US or sometimes to the noble countries like Germany, Japan and UK.

Let me clarify please: I've been watching eBay for a month now, day and night, my eyes are already sore. This was the only one reasonably priced horn in such a nice condition I've seen over that period that would ship to my location. I send 10th of messages every day to the US sellers and they all answer: "Sorry, no international shipping", or simply "No...".
TBoneHalfNote

Post by TBoneHalfNote »

Actually my point is not missing the auction - that's my and only my own problem.
I thought someone would chime in and exclaim: "Yes, I watched it! Such a beauty."
Or maybe someone would comment something like: Great small bore horns that were used by many Jazz players of the day. Underrated and as such you can get them for little $$$.

By the way, when I used to buy saxes 10 years ago and many US sellers were happy to ship overseas often my first choice of sellers were "estate diggers". You can often get a nice original horn from them that only needs cleaning.
Well, I made mistakes of course but for me as a buyer on tight budget that was a chance to get some real nice horns that otherwise would be triple the price.
I bet this one was ready to go.
vintage88h

Post by vintage88h »

TBoneHalfNote wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:09 pm Please share with me my grief or call me a 'stupid looser' (I deserve it) - within last 24 hours a wonderful Holton Model 65 ended on eBay and I missed it while I had a perfect chance to grab it.
:weep:

Has anyone here watched it?
There were 16 watches up to the last 10 seconds of the auction end and only 1 bid at the end. There was one more bid from me but it didn't count... you know: too late and I only placed $200 thinking no one is interested in it. I was wrong and my bid wasn't accepted.

Here it is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1941-HOLTON-MO ... _cvip=true

As some of you may've noticed I'm currently on a lookout for my first trombone and my only good source for one is the US eBay. As I already complained in another thread many US sellers stopped shipping out of the US. This was an exception and the shipping charges were VERY honest.

This was my perfect chance to stop meandering and start moving the slide and I stupidly missed it!
- The seller is a good guy and he promised to do his best in packing the proper way
- The trombone is in nearly perfect shape for it's age
- What a nice horn could be used by me as my first trombone!

I'm sitting here and crying...
I was the only bidder on this trombone. I am really sorry that you missed it. The Holton 65 arrived at my home two days ago. it´s in amazing condition for it´s age. great slide too. A very very nice small bore horn. it´s the first trombone for my 8 year old daughter! She loves her new vintage horn and calls it "Betsy". :)

It´s a great instrument so i think i will use the horn from time to time myself too.
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

TBoneHalfNote wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:09 pm
Make a google search for reshipping services. Gives you a possibility of buying just like if you were in the states.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!

Return to “Instruments”