Trombone shops in the Cincinnati area?

Roberto28

Trombone shops in the Cincinnati area?

Post by Roberto28 »

Are any of you guys acquainted with the trombone shop scene in Cincinnati, OH? I live in Louisville, KY. It's only 1 1/2 away.
castrubone

Re: Trombone shops in the Cincinnati area?

Post by castrubone »

Not much of one to speak of. Willis Music has a few shops in the area and is probably the best bet. Hauer Music in Dayton is a great place, but they only stock Yamaha's. I wouldn't count on any music store in that area having more than 2-3 trombones in stock at a given time.
Carter1016

Post by Carter1016 »

Hey there, I’m a student at the University of Louisville. There isn’t a whole lot for trombone in the immediate Louisville area. Miles Ahead will occasionally have some good horns in stock, and some pretty good used horns every now and then too. Mom’s Music can order some Conns I believe, but they don’t have them in stock.

A couple of friends and I made a road trip to Baltimore Brass and Dillon Music, in Maryland and New Jersey, respectively. It was about a 20 hour round trip or so with traffic. Those are two of the bigger music stores on this side of the country. Louisville and Cincinnati are both in great locations, geographically speaking, as something like 90% of the continental US is within a days drive. If you have the ability, I’d say find some music stores that you know have good, regular stock, and go there!

Hope that helped!
timbone

Post by timbone »

Unfortunately in today's market, the deal with local "school band instrument dealers" is, they wont stock something someone does not ask for. Making money in the business is hard enough; they generally won't tie up funds on things like pro trombones- SURE they can get this or that but only with your down payment........! Now why they tie up funds in silly things like tambourines and mutes I have no idea!

Now ask your retailer why they stock some product and not others !
brtnats

Post by brtnats »

BEST bet? Brass Exchange in St. Louis. I’m in Louisville like the above poster.

Return to “Instruments”