Cheap Bass Trombone Ship to Canada

i3est

Cheap Bass Trombone Ship to Canada

Post by i3est »

Hey, I'm going into University next year and am looking for some cheap Pro Bass Trombones for my first year. If anyone knows the best place to find them or has one for sale please let me know

Thanks!
i3est

Re: Cheap Bass Trombone Ship to Canada

Post by i3est »

I've been using a Yamaha intermediate one for years now and i think its time for an upgrade
LeTromboniste

Post by LeTromboniste »

Where are you located / going to university? Major cities in Canada should have no shortage of used instruments to choose from through other players, plus retail locations with both new and used/consignment instruments available (Long and McQuade in Toronto and Twigg in Montreal are the big ones)
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
i3est

Post by i3est »

LeTromboniste wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:04 pm Where are you located / going to university? Major cities in Canada should have no shortage of used instruments to choose from through other players, plus retail locations with both new and used/consignment instruments available (Long and McQuade in Toronto and Twigg in Montreal are the big ones)
I'm in Calgary, My Local Long and McQuade only has tennors in stock. I'm struggling to find local players who want to sell there trombones right now. Any help on where i could potentially find some?
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

See what L&M have in their system. They brought a used Yam from Oshawa to Van for me.
LeTromboniste

Post by LeTromboniste »

Yeah, I bought an alto years ago from the Montreal branch, which doesn't (or didn't at the time) have a winds department. They had it sent from the home store for me to try it.

Look on Kijiji and other classifieds... Also once you start college, you'll meet more players; fellow students, amateurs, pros and you'll get more opportunities. Your teacher will also likely have options to suggest. You're staying in Calgary?
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

Hi -
I'm also located in Calgary. I haven't checked recently, but there was a Benge bass trombone on the local Kijiji for quite a while. I'm pretty sure that it belongs to a former student of mine, who is now a policeman. If I'm right, it's a very good horn and was well cared for when the owner was a University student of mine. Those horns aren't made anymore, but are good instruments. Good instrument for a high school/early University player. I'm betting that it's still on the site - take a look. The pictures looked good on Kijiji.

Jim Scott

Return to “Instruments”