Mack Brass

BflatBass

Mack Brass

Post by BflatBass »

Anyone ever bought a horn from Mack Brass and returned it just because you didn't like the way it played? Was the horn otherwise in fine condition? Do they really stand behind their 7 day trial period? Try a horn and if you don't like it for any reason return it for a full refund including shipping!?

Cheers,
Robert
I dream of the day that the world will be healthy enough that I can play in a live ensemble again.
ghmerrill

Re: Mack Brass

Post by ghmerrill »

I think you should just call Tom and talk to him. He's exceedingly honest, straightforward, and very customer-focused. But if what you're really looking for is a kind of "trial", if you don't know quite what you're looking for, etc, that's not what he's offering. In that case it would be better to find someone with a Mack Brass euph near you who would let you try it. However, talking with him directly would definitely be the best approach.
Gary Merrill
Wessex EEb tuba
Mack Brass Compensating Euph
Amati Oval Euph
1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba
Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone
DE LB K/K10/112 Lexan, M&K GR Nickel leadpipe
1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Bach 12c)
BflatBass

Re: Mack Brass

Post by BflatBass »

ghmerrill wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:14 pm I think you should just call Tom and talk to him. He's exceedingly honest, straightforward, and very customer-focused. But if what you're really looking for is a kind of "trial", if you don't know quite what you're looking for, etc, that's not what he's offering. In that case it would be better to find someone with a Mack Brass euph near you who would let you try it. However, talking with him directly would definitely be the best approach.
Well, based on what you've said about your experience with Chinese horns, it sounds like these guys are a hard deal to beat. I mean, for the price their asking, you could spend another $1000 on repairs or upgrades down the road and it would still be a killer deal.
I think I will call them on Monday just to get some feedback.
I dream of the day that the world will be healthy enough that I can play in a live ensemble again.

Return to “Instruments”