Edwards (Large Bore) Neckpipe Taper

Matt K
Verified

Edwards (Large Bore) Neckpipe Taper

Post by Matt K »

I have an Edwards neck pipe that I swapped out the tuning slide receiver & mounting hardware for Shires - incidentally, this required almost no adjustment which I was not expecting. Does anyone know how this compares to Shires (or other) large-bore neck pipe tapers? I'd had it for a while but seldom played it but I've recently had it out and it feels a bit unfocused compared to a "Dual Bore" rotor I also have.

Has anybody ever compared the tapers? Or replaced the tube with something else? I suspect that it's quite a bit more "open" than others since Edward's default for the longest time was the Thayer valve.
elmsandr

Re: Edwards (Large Bore) Neckpipe Taper

Post by elmsandr »

Have never compared the tapers or venturi sizes on large bore horns... Did for a variety of small bores a LONG time ago. I would not assume that it is larger, either logically or by playing characteristics. I would guess that it probably aligns well with a 42 or an 8H neckpipe, if anything.

May have to go look at the 42 neckpipes that I have handy, I think I have three of them around here somewhere.

Cheers,
Andy

Return to “Instruments”