Shires Slide Question

ParLawGod

Shires Slide Question

Post by ParLawGod »

Hi all,

I am currently selling a Shires slide that has no markings on it. I purchased it from someone a couple years back (who owned it for a year or two...so I estimate the slide to be four years old or less). Definitely a TB47, and confirmed that with him when I purchased it, but no markings of any kind.

I no longer have contact with the original owner, so figured I'd ask here. What would be the reason for a slide not having markings?

Thanks!
Crazy4Tbone86

Re: Shires Slide Question

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

Shires parts could have been ordered by a technician and it was made as a custom slide. I have some Bach slides that I made with a combination of old and new parts that have no brand, model or serial numbers on them. I figure that if I ever sell them, I will stamp a number on them so that the next owner will have a serial number to use.

Funny thing.....I do have them insured and photo-documented. They are identifiable by scratch patterns on specific parts!
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
ParLawGod

Post by ParLawGod »

Thanks, Brian! I hadn't thought of that. Appreciate the response :)
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

It could have had a cork barrel replaced. Or perhaps the tenon. I can't remember which part it's attached to. It isn't common for that part to break but I have seen it before.

Return to “Instruments”