Brag - Got a free Conn 6H this weekend

Tarkus697

Brag - Got a free Conn 6H this weekend

Post by Tarkus697 »

So I helped a friend move this past weekend. We needed to borrow a minivan from a friend of ours. During past parties, this friend had mentioned that his dad played trombone and he now had it in a closet and would I want to take a look at it. Last time he mentioned it or we saw each other was easily 2 years ago.

Well when we picked up the minivan, he also gave me the horn as a gift as he wanted it to be played. His dad has used it in a dixieland band many years ago but he had no idea what model/year/etc it was.

Turns out it's a 1954 (serial number 432xxx) Conn 6H in the original (but well used) Stratoliner case and has a Bach Corporation 11C mouthpiece. He took video of me playing it to send along to his dad and all I can say is WOW does it sing. Very excited to use this on some projects.

Taking the case to a local respected luggage shop in Philly for restoration and the horn is going to my tech for a major cleaning and tuneup. Some minor plating loss on the inner slide tubes but it moves fairly well for it's age. I'm sure after a good cleaning and re-alignment it'll be aces.

Cheers to karma!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
------------------------------------------
Alan W. Verostick
Strangers
Philadelphia Freedom Band
Love City Horns
Kingfan

Re: Brag - Got a free Conn 6H this weekend

Post by Kingfan »

Nice!
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3