Found my horn at Brass Exchange!

PosauneCat

Found my horn at Brass Exchange!

Post by PosauneCat »

Thanks to a Trombone Chat member called "ithinknot" I found a very beautiful Yamaha 882UGII. I had been looking for a an 882G but couldn't find one anywhere - obviously most people prefer the open wrap. The link posted by ithinknot was for a UGII at the Brass Exchange. I called immediately and talked to Doug Bert (owner of Brass Exchange) and he told me that the model numbers are different in Japan than for horns coming to the US, so UGII is the same as the regular 882G. It looks to be in great shape and Doug assured me it's a fine instrument. I had a long and interesting talk with Doug and from recommendations by other folks I think Brass Exchange sounds a very good source for high quality horns (mostly used but some new as well). I was assured I could return it in the event that I don't love it (I wouldn't buy online unless that was the case). I'll post my review when it arrives.

I'm just curious if any of you guys have dealt with the Brass Exchange and if so what you thought of the experience.
BHolleyBrass

Re: Found my horn at Brass Exchange!

Post by BHolleyBrass »

I bought a Willson euphonium from Doug years ago after an hour-long phone call. The Brass Exchange is one of the few places I direct my customers and students.
S.E. Shires Ralph Sauer Tenor
AR Resonance ML GR1 72
lupusargentus

Post by lupusargentus »

I've bought two horns from Doug, great experience both times. Absolutely recommended him.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Doug is great and very generous with his time! I would recommend him, Brassark or DJ Kennedy for any used instruments.
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Brassark has limited stock, but what they have is all really good -- they don't sell anything that isn't really great, unless if it's a historic curio and in that case it is labeled as such. They also can try to source you a horn. The horn I bought from them is great!

Sounds like the brass exchange should be on my list of places to check out too!
PosauneCat

Post by PosauneCat »

harrisonreed wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:19 pm Brassark has limited stock, but what they have is all really good -- they don't sell anything that isn't really great, unless if it's a historic curio and in that case it is labeled as such. They also can try to source you a horn. The horn I bought from them is great!

Sounds like the brass exchange should be on my list of places to check out too!
He gets some very interesting horns. Definitely check out his stuff. He’s a really nice guy too!
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Noah Gladstone is my go-to guy, too. He says he won't sell a horn that he would not take to a gig, and I believe it (with a very few historic curios excepted).
Shumanbean

Post by Shumanbean »

I've bought a nice Bach 36 from Doug. He has good stuff, and you couldn't meet a nicer guy. And besides that, he plays really well.

Return to “Instruments”