Adams Trombones

PosauneCat

Adams Trombones

Post by PosauneCat »

I don't know anything about Adams trombones. Do anyone of you have experience with them? Are they similar to any of the other top brands?

Thanks,
Mike
Burgerbob

Re: Adams Trombones

Post by Burgerbob »

I've played them at NAMM the last couple years. The tenors seem pretty good, lots of viable options in the setups, and a couple that really spoke for me. Pretty competitive prices, surprisingly. The bass (which was new in 2020) didn't do much for me. Very much a euro-centric design with Hagmanns, Edwards-sized bell stem and a 10.5 bell.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Adams is a Dutch (& Belgian?) music company with a good reputation in their home market. They apparently manufacture their own instruments ["A completely in-house research, development and production of musical instruments in very close cooperation with top musicians all over the world. The company exports 98% of their production from their 40,000 square meter factory in The Netherlands."] so they are not Chinese stencils. Their trombones are not at all well-known in the United States. Similar to "other top brands" - don't have any idea. :idk:
bbocaner

Post by bbocaner »

Adams bought out the Glassl workshop so they have some of their tooling and designs. I believe the Adams alto is heavily based on the well-regarded Glassl. I have an Adams euphonium I like very much. The trombones are very nice although in the limited hour or so I spent trying them out I didn’t find a combination that I loved.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Check with Keith Hilson at your local Minneapolis area trombone shop:

Schmitt Music
2400 Freeway Blvd
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
Phone:(763) 566-4560

They carry Adams trombones:

https://shop.schmittmusic.com/adams-tb1-tenor-trombone/

Keith is quite knowledgeable about trombones, and will give you good information / advice.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Adams is a Dutch manufacturer of musical instruments. They started a long time ago with the repair of brass instruments in the Netherlands and Belgium. Then they started making timpani, which still have a very high reputation in this area.
Brass instruments started (I think), around 20 years ago with trumpets only and after that the Euphoniums. Those have a good reputation as well. If you want to buy a trumpet here, most people drive to Adams or van Laar.
The lasts things added to their list are trombones and basses. I haven't seen anyone playing on one yet...

Return to “Instruments”