Beauty shots (NFS)

Kbiggs

Beauty shots (NFS)

Post by Kbiggs »

Here is some horn p*orn for your Saturday morning.

These pics show my 42C in its latest (and hopefully last!) iteration. I bought this horn in about 1988 or 1989 as a 42C with some of Bach’s leadpipes and a 42H bell. Later, I put an O.E. Thayer valve on the horn. I played the horn with the Thayer valve, the 42H bell, the open leadpipe, and a Monette 5TTL for several years until one of my teachers said, “Why are you trying to dance with logging boots?” I sold it to a friend who had the horn about 15 years until I bought it back from her about 2 years ago.

Anyhow, the pics show the 42 with an Instrument Innovations (Olsen) valve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
Kbiggs

Re: Beauty shots (NFS)

Post by Kbiggs »

Here is the current iteration of my 50B. This started out as two different instruments: a Corporation 50B2 with a yellow bell, and an early Elkhart 50BG with a gold bell. The tech I purchased the 50BG had made a custom lightweight slide by removing the sleeves and installing a nickel crook. About 15 years ago, John Sandhagen did a conversion making the wraps open and installing Kanstul CR valves.

These pics show the horn with open wrap and Instrument Innovations (Olsen) valves and custom string levers. The custom work for these two horns was by Graham Middleton of Salem, Oregon. He even stamped my collection of leadpipes so I can see which one I’m playing rather than guessing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenneth Biggs
—Mark Twain (attributed)
Kbiggs

Post by Kbiggs »

More pics:
Kenneth Biggs
—Mark Twain (attributed)
Kbiggs

Post by Kbiggs »

And more, which show the regular weight slide and the yellow 42 bell.
Kenneth Biggs
—Mark Twain (attributed)

Return to “Instruments”