Selmer and Bach

Pistolero

Selmer and Bach

Post by Pistolero »

Personal curiosity. When did Selmer purchase Bach? Inquiring mind would love to know
chromebone

Re: Selmer and Bach

Post by chromebone »

He sold it to Selmer in 1961, but the factory didn’t move to Elkhart until around 1965-66
DeanoK

Post by DeanoK »

Jumping on this thread to get info on a silver Selmer (Paris) f horn I've owned since 1968. (I suspect '50's vintage) It does sport a brass inner bell but everything else is silver. I no longer play so am interested in letting it go to a new home. This is post #1 for me otherwise I'd start a new topic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Is this a Largo with F or a Bolero with F?

Looks kina nice. I would bet you could easily ask $1500 if it's as minty as it looks in the pictures.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
DeanoK

Post by DeanoK »

ImageI am not versed enough to know what model it is. I know that the bell is no (or not much) bigger than a standard non-f horn. I don't see any name on it other than Selmer Paris and a serial number. I will compare it to pics of Largo and Bolero and see if it falls neatly into one or the other. Thanks Bruce!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jimkinkella

Post by Jimkinkella »

Largo is .547" bore slide (large bore) like a Bach 42, Bolero is .508" bore slide (small-bore) like a King 3b.
Check the mouthpiece size, that's your first indicator.
DeanoK

Post by DeanoK »

Ok, I need to grab it back from the guy who was trying to help me sell it and put a mic onnit. "News at 11"
DeanoK

Post by DeanoK »

Ok... I finally have the horn back. I need to know exactly where to measure the bore. I measure . 562 at the F tuning slide male area. A reminder that this is a bright chrome/silver horn. 7⅞" bell. Selmer Paris "Made in France"
Serial # 5874 on both slide and body.
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

The end of the inner slide tubes inside the stocking is not totally reliable because often it's a bit smaller there than the actual bore, but check it there and interpret what the bore is likely to be, both inner tubes.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."

Return to “Instruments”