Edwards 322CFB bell?

Crazy4Tbone86

Edwards 322CFB bell?

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

Does anyone know the specs on an Edwards 322 CFB bell?
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
CalgaryTbone

Re: Edwards 322CFB bell?

Post by CalgaryTbone »

Just took a look at the Edwards site, and while they don't list this exact bell in their descriptions, a little bit of logical deduction from what is there tells me it is: Red Brass, 22 gauge double buffed, unsoldered and the B, I believe, means drawn on a Bach-style mandril. The CF refers to their in-house heat treatment that I think is basically standard now (at one time I think it was an optional process).

The 324 is one of their popular yellow bells - this would be the red version of that (with the Bach mandril - whatever that changes in sound/response).

Jim Scott
Kdanielsen

Post by Kdanielsen »

B is the Bach mandrel.
Kris Danielsen D.M.A.

Westfield State University and Keene State College
Lecturer of Low Brass

Principal Trombone, New England Repertory Orchestra
2nd Trombone, Glens Falls Symphony
Rrova

Post by Rrova »

So I believe the J mandrel is Conn-like. If there is no B or J, like 324CF, it should be assumed it is a Back-like taper, right?
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

Actually, I've never seen a J in the bell designation on any Edwards. I think the default is a Conn-style taper, but I'm not 100% sure. The B designation is a fairly recent addition to their bell descriptions.

Jim Scott
MTbassbone

Post by MTbassbone »

There is a 1223CF bass bell on the website with the J mandrel designation. I don't know what it means. I had the bell for about a week following a trip to the factory in the mid-2000s. It was too warm and dark for me. I ended up with a 1215CF.
Floridatrombonekenneth

Post by Floridatrombonekenneth »

Rrova wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:31 pm If there is no B or J, like 324CF, it should be assumed it is a Back-like taper, right?
I am resurrecting this thread in the hopes of finding out the answer to this question. Looking for a replacement bell.

Return to “Instruments”